******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ********The Winter Ashes********

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
johnmc said:
One sec, there is a row because someone called Australians backwards because of it generalising them yet they is an umpteen page thread on inbred towns.

Indeed - but some forms of prejudice are more acceptable than others, it seems.
But don't point it out, or else it will be your fault.

So would it be unfair to say England is a nation of shit cricketers?

johnmc said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
johnmc said:
One sec, there is a row because someone called Australians backwards because of it generalising them yet they is an umpteen page thread on inbred towns.

Indeed - but some forms of prejudice are more acceptable than others, it seems.
But don't point it out, or else it will be your fault.

So would it be unfair to say England is a nation of shit cricketers?

No, that would be an accurate statement, as it attacks the clueless fuckwits we sent to Australia, rather than the inhabitants of an entire nation.

Bluemoonie92 said:
foetus said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Laughable.
Just like England's performance

I see the aussie arrogance is back then
Thought that might touch a nerve. Sorry, the opportunity presented itself and I couldn't resist.

As for the support argument. England will always have the advantage due to the density of the population in their cities and surrounding areas. The Gabba selling out on a continual basis isn't an easy feat. You'll see the same with the MCG, sell out the first couple of days but 100,000 5 days straight is a big ask. Anyway who cares right?...my backwards, redneck country is winning so I won't be losing any sleep over petty arguments :)

I reckon we will hold out for the day and it's going to piss it down for half of it

Its been like men against boys . What a shambles England have been in this series so far . I know 1 thing England need to improve on that is batting .

Rain due to stop later in morning so if the forecast is right we will see at least 4-5 hours of cricket with the rain not expected til late evening. Would be a big boost if we could hold out for a draw but they need to take a long look that themselves. This has been coming for a while and our top order where awful over here a few months ago, it was only Bell's brilliant resilience and awful batting from the aussies that saved us. Flower will be gone after the series and i would like to see Broad replace Cook as captain. Hes just too negative and needs to concentrate on his batting. I'd expect Swann to be dropped aswell but they don't seem to have the confidence in Kerrigan yet so Panesar might get another chance.

Fair play to Root, I've criticised him in the past but he's shown a lot of character with his last couple of knocks. I can't help feeling Compton was a little hard done by though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.