******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cookie monster said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
It's all gone way beyond boring now - there were faults on both sides - KP acted like a dick, but the cricketing hierarchy handled the whole thing incredibly badly.
It's time to move on, not reopen old wounds to score brownie points, and to be perfectly honest I'm sick of hearing what is becoming increasingly reminiscent of a playground spat.
Exactly
They are all as bad as each other..

But one was sacked and the rest....

The cookie monster said:
It's all gone way beyond boring now - there were faults on both sides - KP acted like a dick, but the cricketing hierarchy handled the whole thing incredibly badly.
It's time to move on, not reopen old wounds to score brownie points, and to be perfectly honest I'm sick of hearing what is becoming increasingly reminiscent of a playground spat.
Exactly

That's very simple, but even if it were true, most of them are still running our game.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
The cookie monster said:
Exactly

That's very simple, but even if it were true, most of them are still running our game.

So complicate it for me - which part was false?
Now we know you're a besotted fanboy here who think KP farts Chanel No5, but try and stay objective.

KP hasn't shown any decent form since anyway, so in the grand scheme the decision has been justified. The test team has picked up, though Robson should probably be dropped for Hales in my opinion. Not ideal to have no real test cricket til the Ashes - the England A team will have to test a potential partner for Cook.

In other formats Cook and Bell should be out of the ODI squad. And that's all I have to say.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
The cookie monster said:
Exactly

I know me and you have had many run ins regarding this jmw & i actually agreed at the time that Anderson,swann,prior,broad & others were as much to blame....In fact they were probably worse
Then K.P started saying things to Piers Morgan and some journo's and it just escalated to a point of no return
Will any of us really know what actually happened or whose fault it was?

And Jay i know where your coming from & i guess it was easier to get rid of K.P than half the team...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
The cookie monster said:
Exactly

Now we know you're a besotted fanboy here who think KP farts Chanel No5, but try and stay objective.

your KP and hierachy point was narrow, and had no depth and was over-simplistic.
your assertion about reopening old wounds to score brownie points is misguided.
and your following post about me is ignorant, misguided and ill-informed.

The cookie monster said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
The cookie monster said:
Exactly

I know me and you have had many run ins regarding this jmw & i actually agreed at the time that Anderson,swann,prior,broad & others were as much to blame....In fact they were probably worse
Then maybe K.P started saying things to Piers Morgan and some journo's and it just escalated to a point of no return
Will any of us really know what actually happened or whose fault it was?

And Jay i know where your coming from & i guess it was easier to get rid of K.P than half the team...

I was referring to the ECB, and basically how that mentality and approach is still prevalent today and is still holding the English game back.

The KP saga is now useful if only because he's such a public figure it keeps these issues in the open and to be fair he's bold enough to raise the issues, and he doesn't need the protection of a career in England that the likes of Carberry, Bairstow and the like do, so can go toe to toe with the ECB.

I'm on the ECB reform bandwagon now, I think the County game is still a mess, I think the Cook situation is a mess, I don't particularly rate Moores and the ODI side is abysmal. Notice what's missing from the entirety of this paragraph.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
The cookie monster said:
Exactly

Again, it's not about Pietersen. He's done, finished. He isn't coming back. It IS about the way the ECB went about things, leaking furiously to pet journalists only too happy to parrot the official line and who refused to question which is their damn job. It is about a governing body unaccountable to anyone beyond county chairmen, who happily dismiss the opinions of others as being "outside cricket" and never apologise for that. It is about how the cricket media (with very few exceptions) have behaved as the marketing arm of the ECB. It is about how the ECB have repeatedly betrayed the "sanctity of the dressing room" they so pompously talk about. And it is about how they release a document referring to "key stakeholders" in cricket and manage to exclude both people who play in leagues up and down the country, people who play on the park green, and people who pay to go and watch.

And all of those things haven't changed. Which means both that their utter contempt for anyone outside the bubble is still there, and that any player daring to raise an opinion will be extremely wary of receiving the same treatment.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

your KP and hierachy point was narrow, and had no depth and was over-simplistic.

So tell me why, fanboy.
You said it was false, so tell me which part was false.
You do understand the question I take it?

JoeMercer'sWay said:

So tell me why, fanboy.
You said it was false, so tell me which part was false.
You do understand the question I take it?

I've explained what was misguided about your post, the "even if it were true", which seems to have captured your attention, was directed, as you can see clearly from the way it was quoted, at TCM and his "all as bad as each other" remark. The quoting is clear, that should clear enough for you, OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.