Cricket Thread

Took my lad over to Leeds for the game today after the Washout last week, and whilst we had a fantastic day, I'm really not confident about the mindset of this England side.

I know we're all about trying to be positive, but we've now got a team with no backbone.

Obviously Brook and Livingstone are exciting players, but sometimes it's time to dig in for a bit and try and rotate strike, rather than trying to hit a boundary off every ball. Today could've been the day for either of them to show that side of their game, and they've failed unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy positive cricket, but trying to win a 50 over game in 30 overs just for the sake of it is daft
They dont play 50 over games enough and it showed. I love test matches me, but behind them 50 over one dayers are the tits and what cricket is made of. Thats the basis on which all clubs in this country play of a weekend.

They dont play 50 over games enough and it showed. I love test matches me, but behind them 50 over one dayers are the tits and what cricket is made of. Thats the basis on which all clubs in this country play of a weekend.
It doesn't help that players don't play One Day Cricket on a domestic level anymore, as anyone who's anyone will find themselves selected for the hundred.

I'd be very interested to ask all those England players today, when was the last time they played a domestic One Day game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.