Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by neel, 11 May 2019.

1. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

And have subsequently admitted they were wrong.

2. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

Who's admitted they were wrong? Haven't seen anything from the ICC or yesterday's umpires about this yet.

3. Claytop

Claytop

Great Summary, might have to get the DVD’s out again! Although I think I’ve seen Channel 4 are doing a program about it before the ashes start.

We’ve now probably witnessed the best two matches/series from them two formats of the game. I can’t see how anything will top 2005 still & now yesterday.

M18CTID likes this.
  4. Claytop

Claytop

What is abit strange is I remember there being quite a delay after that ball with the Umpires together, wonder if that rule or the wording around it ever came up out on the field.

5. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

So by my guess that makes us the only country to have won world cups in Rugby Union, Rugby league, Football and Cricket. Highly unlikely any one will ever repeat that.

6. cibaman

cibaman

It seems clear cut to me. The clause differentiates between overthrows and wilful acts by the fielder. The "act" in the final sentence can only apply to "wilful acts by the fielder". Yesterday there clearly wasn't a "wiful act by the fielder" so only the reference to overthrows is relevant ie whether the batsmen had crossed when the ball was thrown.

7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

i can't find anywhere an explanation or reason as to why you only count the runs before the return throw. Why is it there? What purpose does it serve?

8. jimharri

jimharri

Just watching the highlights now. Didn't really notice yesterday (too caught up in the moment, I guess), but Ian Smith on commentary. Wow. Talk about impartial. Not.

prestonibbo_mcfc likes this.
  9. Mancity1980

Mancity1980

When did England win the rugby league World Cup?

10. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

There is an integrity in the Cricket media, that you will find in no other sport. They educate their fans and are happy
    to applaud the game, no matter who is playing.