Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by neel, 11 May 2019.

1. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

They haven't really.

The Sun asked them at a Sun/talkradio platform. Johnson got it right (for a change) suggesting it should be Knight of the Garter (I think).

It's a non-story with the only responses possible.

2. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

It must be being misreported then because this is what I read:

3. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Um, yes. That doesn't strike you as being deliberately OTT?

4. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying the press are being wilfully disingenuous in the way they're reporting it (shock horror, I know).

I should have known better than to take this story at face value. They're still both a pair of clowns though!

5. ancoats

ancoats

sky will lose the cricket soon ?? and test cricket and world cup ODI should be on free to air tv every year home and away tours, forget sky money the sponsorship revenue it will still bring investment from everybody that wants to get involved in cricket on freeview tv, ok it may have more adverts but who cares at the end of a over

6. RadcliffeRick

RadcliffeRick

This result will give the women's netball team a run for their money for team of the year on Sports personality of the year.

7. mccity

mccity

Liverpool FC have it in the bag this year, they only lost once in the league.

8. supercity88

supercity88

It is for cricket purists but test cricket is dying. Not just in this country. The aussies had to use Warner as a fill in. It worked. We have tried and failed with so many openers. They just don't know how to survive at that level. But that is for another day. It is a different game with different strategies. We have won the 50 over World Cup and let's enjoy it. Let's not criticise the test team until the Ashes are over!

9. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

New Zealand had their fair share of luck throughout the tournament. Pakistan beat them quite easily in the group stage but went out to them on net run rate. The Kiwis match against India was rained off and that point was crucial in getting them through.

We were the best team throughout the tourament and we won as per the rules. We did not make the rules up, we just abided by them. If the rules were different or 5 runs were given instead of 6, we would have played the circumstances differently.

Makes it all the better knowing the Aussies are salty as fuck. Lets finish them off now in the Ashes.

10. allblackcitizen

allblackcitizen

Well, he could have chosen to represent the country of his birth and childhood and parentage. The pool of NZ cricketers is relatively small, and they need to keep all the talent they've got. England, with their relatively vast playing resources, not so much. If he'd pledged to NZ he could have been the next Hadlee.

Besides that, the NZ public don't take the national cricket team that seriously. Different story with the All Blacks. If Stokes kicked a disputed winning penalty in the last minute of the RWC final, you can be damned sure his parents would be hounded out of the country. In 1971, when the Lions beat the AB's in NZ, no-one talked to my English parents for weeks afterwards.

ROCKET80 likes this.