Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by neel, 11 May 2019.

1. jimharri

jimharri

Loads of tweets about whether it was the greatest catch of all time. Not for me. The one he snared at Trent Bridge against the colonial cousins was a better catch. He was fielding at slip/gully (?) that day, therefore he had less time to react. Also, the ball had nearly passed him by the time he grabbed it. Today's wasn't too bad either, mind. I just think the Ashes one was the better catch. Particularly given the opponents!

2. neel

neel

I really don’t see India winning this time ...no batsman in that team apart from kolhi gives me any confidence of what so ever..

BimboBob likes this.
  3. waspish

waspish

Outstanding performance.

4. Citizen in Pakistan

Citizen in Pakistan

What a shame honestly, ECB is regularly talking about means to increase the crowds and promote the game whereas their policies seem anti to it. Free Viewing is the only means to grow a sport within the large segments of society.

5. Bluemoonie92

Bluemoonie92

Just seen the catch, wow! Our team is ridiculous really, can bat all the way to 11 and then pull off a bowling/ fielding display like that.

chesterbells likes this.
  6. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

I don't think that is fair really. Sky has been absolutely fantastic for cricket in this country and helped totally revolutionise the game. The coverage is head and shoulders above terrestrial TV.

7. Henkeman

Henkeman

This is bleeding obvious to everyone outside the ECB. And because it's so bleeding obvious that even the ECB have finally realised they're killing the sport, they've decided to put some of the Hundred on free to air. A competition whose entire supposed rationale is because of the crashing of interest caused by their own policies.

The ECB are the only governing body who appear to hate their own sport.

8. Citizen in Pakistan

Citizen in Pakistan

In terms of coverage alone there is no one around the world that can match sky imo. The details, analysis, etc are intriguing and fun specially in test matches.

9. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

Wow just seen the catch. Amazing

10. jimharri

jimharri

These "shirt numbers the players are wearing; what's their significance? They're not squad numbers. Stokes is wearing 55, and I'm sure England don't have 55 members in their squad.