Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Loads of tweets about whether it was the greatest catch of all time. Not for me. The one he snared at Trent Bridge against the colonial cousins was a better catch. He was fielding at slip/gully (?) that day, therefore he had less time to react. Also, the ball had nearly passed him by the time he grabbed it. Today's wasn't too bad either, mind. I just think the Ashes one was the better catch. Particularly given the opponents!

Definitely up there as well. Think he was at gully! Wasn't that the day we bowled out the Aussies for 60 with Broad taking nearly all the wickets?

It’s the Men’s Cricket World Cup the BBC keep reminding us, particularly apt when delivered from the female commentary teams on the beeb and Sky.

Cant wait for the 2022 Men’s Football World Cup in Qatar.

These "shirt numbers the players are wearing; what's their significance? They're not squad numbers. Stokes is wearing 55, and I'm sure England don't have 55 members in their squad.

They pick whatever number they want. Ironically, given how football always had 1-11 and cricket didn't have numbers at all, the two sports have moved towards each other in this regard.

I don't normally watch cricket but that Stokes catch has encouraged me to put it on as I work from home today. The West Indies are butchering Pakistan at the moment!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.