Crimes Committed in Chippies

Yes they do still sell fruit pudding, with the raisins but that usally with a full
scottish breakfast, 2 eggs, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, baked beans, mushrooms, black pudding,
toast or fried bread, fruit pudding. all for £4.99 AND THERE ARE NO Abrakabara's for a decent curry.

Food up here is Fuking pants..even had to start cooking for me sen, what that all about

I can't stand fish with the skin still on under the batter....... That is a Chippy crime.
Also when they have the chips half cooked and then drop them in for a minute or so, or even worse frozen chips!!
You can't beat a good old fashioned Manchester Chippy before they started all the pizza and kebab nonsense. If i want a kebab i go to an Indian.
When i was over for Midgetland in Aug' we took the kids to Blackpool for the day and went in Woodheads Chippy near pleasure beach.....Mmmm Hollands puddings, perfect fish and perfect chips.(and a buttered muffin)
PS gravy with fish is a chippy crime. tho fish,chips and curry is imo perfectly acceptable.

Im fookin' starvin now' crap chippys here in Claremorris

The skin issue is an interesting one. I was thinking about that last night because the fish I had did have the skin on the underside but it was really nice fish, clearly very fresh. The skin made no real difference to the taste or quality.

One big crime is when the oil isn't hot enough when they put the chips in and the chips absorb loads of oil and never really go golden.

masterwig said:
The skin issue is an interesting one. I was thinking about that last night because the fish I had did have the skin on the underside but it was really nice fish, clearly very fresh. The skin made no real difference to the taste or quality.

One big crime is when the oil isn't hot enough when they put the chips in and the chips absorb loads of oil and never really go golden.

Each to his own mate, i don't like the skin .but the 1st time i had it i don't think it was as fresh as yours.I suppose like everything on here it is subjective (apart from Man City .. of course)
Though i do go along with the cold oil or should i say not hot enough oil thingy.

I've just read this post 10 oclock sunday morning and now i want a chippy tea! ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.