Criticism of Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
The penalty situation has been going on from the Mahrez miss at anfield, could of cost us the league, thankfully it didn't. The Aguero miss away at Spurs CL, could of cost us a place in the CL semi- final, probably did. Football matches at top level can be lost on fine margins, todays was another missed penalty, a golden opportunity to settle the nerves, put us in control, what happens, we miss the fucker and nearly end up with sterling sent off. Get the penalties sorted please, before the Madrid game.
We were well in control but we were very wasteful again.

In competitive games, yes. He missed one in the pre season which was a fucking wank penalty and this weird notion that he’s impeccable at them wouldn’t have been perpetuated half as much if people had remembered.

Add in the fact he’s taken about 8 in how ever many years and about 4 for us.
But he had the job before today and didn't miss (don't care about pre season TBH) whereas Eddy has never taken one in a competitive match AFAIK while Gundo has done it in CL final and Internationals.
Maybe with hindsight we should review it but as of today the right decision was made

Pep has done a great job since he's been in charge but this season he seems defeated, this is quite obvious by how he keeps talking about his next job, but what could his next job be? Go back to Spain to their shite league? Go to Italy with their half-filled stadiums? If I was him I'd be so pissed off and ashamed that I've allowed Liverpool to get to the position they are in whilst breaking all the records we seemed to have set,.. therefore I'd be demanding another 3-year contract to fix it. But instead, we get someone who is miserable, continuously talks about having only one more year, isn't playing Foden, who's been one of our best players every time he's played. His attitude and desire to change the current situation has left me with 0 motivation to even want to watch. Give him to till the end of the season and if he's not willing to extend his contract and be a bit more motivated, sack him and get someone in like poch who can rebuild the squad.
Do one you idiot

Only watched up to the penalty (before getting on a flight). Same old, same old - utterly dominant, but didn’t make it count. Switched phone back on fully expecting us to have lost.
Hard to get too wound up by it.

I really don't see what benefit another year would give us. Stepping back we have had two out of this world seasons and so far one and a half very average seasons under Pep. I don't see us doing anything in the Champs league so it'll likely be two of each.

Some of his decision making, team selections, use of the squad, substitutions have just been baffling. Foden's development has stalled, Garcia should be a regular in the team given our other options at CB but Pep just doesn't want to use youth. He'd rather Gundogan do fuck all on the pitch for 90 minutes than give Foden a run in the team and I am getting sick of seeing him playing favourites when they are shit and offer us nothing.

The team needs rebuilding and for me it should be a manager who is here for the long term doing the rebuilding not someone who will be fucking off to their next job in a years time. The players honestly look like they have stopped playing for Pep as well but that is a whole other discussion. I think those in charge need to seriously be on the look out for our next manager.

Who is that manager, out of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.