Crook Town V City 16/12/1968

richardtheref

A committee member from Crook Town recently came round to our house with a programme from the above fixture. Said i could have the programme as he knew i was a City supporter.

Apparently City sent a team to play Crook Town in the "Inaugural fllodlight fixture" because City had donated the floodllights.

Does anyone know the result of this fixture?

According to the programme the City team was due to be Dowd, Pardoe, Horne, Doyle, Booth, Oakes, Lee, Bell, summerbee, Young, Coleman.
Subs: Book, Bowyer, Mann

richardtheref said:
A committee member from Crook Town recently came round to our house with a programme from the above fixture. Said i could have the programme as he knew i was a City supporter.

Apparently City sent a team to play Crook Town in the "Inaugural fllodlight fixture" because City had donated the floodllights.

According to the programme the City team was due to be Dowd, Pardoe, Horne, Doyle, Booth, Oakes, Lee, Bell, summerbee, Young, Coleman.
In my book it says weds 18th we won 6-1 sorry no more info.

xgorton said:
richardtheref said:

In my book it says weds 18th we won 6-1 sorry no more info.

The programme says Monday 16th December on it but i will check with the guy who gave me it. Might have had to put it back for some reason.

Tony Book made his comeback after a long injury!
Injured his Achilles tendon in a tour of America (I think) after the league title win in 1968, and missed a fair chunk of 1968/69 season. He returned in time to captain our successful cup run, and was named joint player of the year with Dave Mackay.
My first ever Wembley, over half a century ago! Where's it gone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.