Crouch or Ibrahimovic..........

Dribble

I've just been having an argument with a Rag about the Ibrahimovic goal, it was stunnin but I think the goal Crouch scored against us was better. Crouch's goal was on the run, he hit a 1st time volley from a tight angle whilst he was surrounded by our players & as opposed to last night, Hart was on his line.

As long as I've got a hole in mi arse Crouch will never score a goal like that again. The difference between his & Ibra's goal was that our defence was in place versus Stoke & England were all over the place defensively....

Like I said to the Rag, I suppose thats what happens when you pack the England team with ManUre players..... :-)

I prefer Ibra's for the presence of mind, he anticipated it, the sheer audacity of it, and the absolute athleticism and skill. It had everything

na Ibra. That was just insane. The thing is, a part of feels like he could it again (even though he won't) whereas Crouch's will always be just a one-off fluke that i couldn't care about.

I honestly think Crouch's was better. It was more hit and hope, but it just had this beautiful fluidity to it that I nor anyone else ever thought Crouch was capable of. I think you could see Ibra's goal coming (if you knew the player, open net, Hart so far off his line), it didn't shock me as much as Crouch's goal (which was a bit more like, all the way out there, back mostly to goal, no dange.. shit, it's in the back of the net).

Of course if you want to value the goal on players likely ability to pull it off again, then Ibra's by a few country miles.

Train said:
na Ibra. That was just insane. The thing is, a part of feels like he could it again (even though he won't) whereas Crouch's will always be just a one-off fluke that i couldn't care about.
Crouch has scored four or five excellent volleys in his career. Two of which were sublime scissor kicks. He's better than we give him credit for inn this country, is Crouch.

adrianr said:
I honestly think Crouch's was better. It was more hit and hope, but it just had this beautiful fluidity to it that I nor anyone else ever thought Crouch was capable of. I think you could see Ibra's goal coming (if you knew the player, open net, Hart so far off his line), it didn't shock me as much as Crouch's goal (which was a bit more like, all the way out there, back mostly to goal, no dange.. shit, it's in the back of the net).

Of course if you want to value the goal on players likely ability to pull it off again, then Ibra's by a few country miles.

This is a large part of my reasoning.

Why should the likelihood of doing it again have anything whatsoever to do with how good a goal it was? Don't follow that line of reasoning at all.

That said, Ibra's goal was better without any doubt.
Why? Because unlike Crouch, he didn't foul an opponent in the build up. Crouch's goal should have been disallowed for his blatant shove on Barry, and even a lot of Stokies have admitted that — including, perhaps most surprisingly, Lou Macari writing in Stoke's local rag.
Two years running now Crouch has cheated us out of two points at their place. A c***

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.