Crowd or No Crowd

Harvster

Which City players, past and present, thrive on a raucous, heaving crowd being in attendance? - I'm thinking KDB, St Vincent, Andy Morrison, Franny (just look at his face - albeit against us) Lee?

Which players might not state anything publicly, but may well find that their form improves without the pressure of fans being in the ground? - John Stones maybe? Obviously any former player who became the latest 'boo-boy' for whatever reason? And players like David White, who in his tear-jerking book confesses to singing to himself whilst the team was announced to avoid hearing boos, (though I've got to say I can never remember Whitey being barracked in a such a manner)

Who else do you reckon?

Which City players, past and present, thrive on a raucous, heaving crowd being in attendance? - I'm thinking KDB, St Vincent, Andy Morrison, Franny (just look at his face - albeit against us) Lee?

Which players might not state anything publicly, but may well find that their form improves without the pressure of fans being in the ground? - John Stones maybe? Obviously any former player who became the latest 'boo-boy' for whatever reason? And players like David White, who in his tear-jerking book confesses to singing to himself whilst the team was announced to avoid hearing boos, (though I've got to say I can never remember Whitey being barracked in a such a manner)

Who else do you reckon?
Given John Stones brilliance last season I definitely don’t think having no crowds harmed him

Who else do you reckon?
No I don't remember David White ever getting booed either. I do remember Tony Coton getting a lot of stick though, he stuck two fingers up to us in the Kippax!

One thing about having no crowds that hasn't been mentioned...

So many teams play like cowards against us now, shutting up shop with ten men behind the ball from the first minute AT HOME!

Once the crowds are back in, there is no way those crowds will put up with their own team being so negative against us on their own ground. They won't stand for it.

At the moment without a crowd, it's easy for teams to keep their discipline and stick to the negative gameplan. Once the crowds are back they will be urging their team forward and wanting them to have a go.

Those kinds of games will be easier for us - all it takes is for one player to drift forward and we'll get more space to attack.

No I don't remember David White ever getting booed either. I do remember Tony Coton getting a lot of stick though, he stuck two fingers up to us in the Kippax!
TC certainly took a while to win the crowd over after replacing Dibble who was fairly popular but stayed far too long. When Reid promoted Margetson to 2nd choice above him he should have left then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.