Crush at Leeds vs Newcastle game (fans laughed at by security)

HelloCity

The turnstiles went down which stopped people from being able to get into the stadium. This led to a large build up of fans and a push towards the stadium wall where one guy was processing tickets. Police and stewards didn’t get involved.

Some comments from the article:

"You had people from the width of four turnstiles trying to get across to one side where tickets were being scanned manually by one steward.

"The reaction of the stewards was unbelievable. My wife asked one: 'What are you doing about it? We're getting crushed'. He just put his head back laughing - absolutely disgraceful.

"I understand how frightening it was for some people. I was more frustrated and angry about it because somebody could have been badly hurt."

Another fan, Allison Hutchinson, said she was also laughed at by stewards.

She added: "I was extremely frightened as I thought at one point I was going to fall and get trampled on.

"When I finally got in I just burst into tears. I'm not sure if it was through relief or fear."

Similar to outside anfield not too long ago

Police smirking as crushing occurs

Stewards and police hate football fans
I remember a late kick off there for a night match due to something happening on the motorway; no delay to the kick off and there were mad crushes to get in on time. Pretty worrying at the time.

I appealed to a plod on a horse in the hope that he could possibly sort it out (remember using the phrase "here of all places" and didn't use any abusive language as I was with family).

He charged his horse at me!

Utter ****!

I remember a late kick off there for a night match due to something happening on the motorway; no delay to the kick off and there were mad crushes to get in on time. Pretty worrying at the time.

I appealed to a plod on a horse in the hope that he could possibly sort it out (remember using the phrase "here of all places" and didn't use any abusive language as I was with family).

He charged his horse at me!

Utter ****!

Every football fan is seen as fair game, some lowlife criminal they can ignore and bully by a lot of officials at games. It's 2022 not 1982 and except for a minority, fans are well behaved now and it's time they were treated respectfully. Mobile phones are your friend in these situations, it's hard to deny their actions when the evidence is captured on film.

Sadly the Ibrox disaster has been forgotten and clearly the Hillsborough the lessons haven't been learnt. When people are being crushed no one is really able to help them and a very serious potentially fatal incident can occur.
If a ticket turnstile fails it should automatically open to allow people in. The fact that 4 failed shows they are all linked, a problem at one shuts 4 down, that is not safe.

38 injured, 6 dead at an Afcon stadium as people tried to enter and there was a crush.
I don't know what the stadium was like but it brings home the point, to me anyway, if you ignore Health and Safety, someone will die at an English ground.
They will no doubt have a judge led inquiry (30 odd years after ?) and say it will never happen again.......until it does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.