Crvena Zvezda (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

1. 'Playing with the best players you always improve'​

FT: Red Star Belgrade 2-3 Man City
    74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
    Manchester City's Micah Hamilton, speaking to TNT Sports after scoring on his debut: "I don’t even know how to put it into words to be honest – it’s all surreal. The game obviously; the goal, everyone has seen that, I didn’t even know what to do.
    "He [Guardiola] put me on the right wing, something different for me. I’d not really played there. I saw it as a challenge and I took it and I enjoyed every moment.
    "I played with Oscar [Bobb] last season in the U21s, a top player, I grew up with Rico [Lewis] from when I was literally this small. Susoho as well that made his debut is playing in the 21s now.
    "The manager has given us the opportunity in training and in the game today. Playing with the best players you always improve.
    "It's definitely just the start… and to kick on from here. It’s not bad. It’s all surreal, it’s not sunk in yet. Everyone at home will be watching it."

2. Posted at 20:5420:54

'A proper football game'​

Manchester City
    Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to Uefa: "It was a hard-fought match, physically demanding with a lot of man-on-man contact. But I am happy with what we achieved and how the team performed. People sometimes write off these games as not essential for us, but it's the exact opposite. Every win counts.
    "Today with really young players they played really good. And a demanding game because the opponent played a lot of man-to-man, so aggressive, with so much speed up front. It was a proper football game with an exceptional crowd."

1. 'Playing with the best players you always improve'​

Manchester City
    Manchester City's Micah Hamilton, speaking to TNT Sports after scoring on his debut: "I don’t even know how to put it into words to be honest – it’s all surreal. The game obviously; the goal, everyone has seen that, I didn’t even know what to do.
    "He [Guardiola] put me on the right wing, something different for me. I’d not really played there. I saw it as a challenge and I took it and I enjoyed every moment.
    "I played with Oscar [Bobb] last season in the U21s, a top player, I grew up with Rico [Lewis] from when I was literally this small. Susoho as well that made his debut is playing in the 21s now.
    "The manager has given us the opportunity in training and in the game today. Playing with the best players you always improve.
    "It's definitely just the start… and to kick on from here. It’s not bad. It’s all surreal, it’s not sunk in yet. Everyone at home will be watching it."

2. Posted at 20:5420:54

'A proper football game'​

Manchester City
    Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, speaking to Uefa: "It was a hard-fought match, physically demanding with a lot of man-on-man contact. But I am happy with what we achieved and how the team performed. People sometimes write off these games as not essential for us, but it's the exact opposite. Every win counts.
    "Today with really young players they played really good. And a demanding game because the opponent played a lot of man-to-man, so aggressive, with so much speed up front. It was a proper football game with an exceptional crowd."

I saw the team sheet and I thought oh! But that performance, every youngster showed just how good they are and Hamiltons goal....... Wow.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.