Crystal Palace (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAG

Palace A.jpg

Premier League Stats

As any other mid-table side, we have a very decent Head-to-Head record against them in the Premier League. Having played them on 21 occasions, we have won 13 times, losing just three and the remaining five being draws. In the Recent Meetings record, it's that fifth meeting that stands out which was their only away win against us ever and even that needed a goal of the season (by Andros Townsend) to get over the line.

H2H.jpg

Crystal Palace are well and truly on the beach ... their current Form Guide highlights that and it's not new for them either. This seems to happen every season with them, where they try very hard early doors to secure their place in the league for next year and then relax there on in till the end of the season. All the stats in the Season So Far section below reflect just that as well.

Form.jpg

Before & After

For the umpteenth time this season, the opposition will have a whole week before (ok, five days) and a whole week after ... while we have only two days turnaround on each side. Oh well, that comes with success ... if you want to be involved in all competitions all the way and go this deep, then that's just a small price to pay. I have actually quite enjoyed having City to watch every few days instead of waiting a whole week, even though that means I'm perpetually drafting these pre-match threads.

Here are the two teams' before and after games:

Crystal Palace

Mon 26 Apr - 8:00pm - Leicester City (A) - PL
Sat 1 May - 12:30pm - Manchester City (H) - PL
Sat 8 May - 3:00pm - Sheffield United (A) - PL

Manchester City

Wed 28 Apr - 8:00pm - PSG (A) - CL SF
Sat 1 May - 12:30pm - Crystal Palace (A) - PL
Tue 4 May - 8:00pm - PSG (H) - CL SF

You won't be the only one who's finding it hard to spot this Palace fixture sandwiched in between the two legs of the Champions League Semi Final ... yup, me too ... all my mind is registering is PSG and PSG!

Pre-Match Thoughts

Parking Parisian thoughts aside for a couple of days (if one can) ...

As for Crystal Palace, I mentioned earlier that they always seem to be on that proverbial beach by this time of the season, having secured their place in the league for next one and never really challenging to even get into the top half of the table let alone European places ... since they were last promoted to the Premier League at the end of 12/13 season, they have had only one top ten finish (and that was 10th) ... and this season it's not just safety from relegation that's keeping them relaxed but their manager Roy Hodgson is out of contract at the end of this season, alongside ten players as well ... yes TEN. And no one yet knows who's extending and being offered a new contract or who's going elsewhere. Is Roy going to hang his boots all together? Apart from the usual suspects, Patrick Vieira is also a name linked with them as a possible managerial replacement ... I guess we'll find out in the summer who stays, leaves or comes in.

For those interested in the ten that are out of contract this summer (and there are some big names in here) ... these are Andros Townsend, Christian Benteke, Michy Batshuayi, Patrick van Aanholt, Gary Cahill, James McArthur, James McCarthy, Joel Ward, Mamadou Sakho and Nathaniel Clyne ... and then of course there is the eleventh ... Roy Hodgson.

Roy Pep.jpg

While we are obviously focused elsewhere this week and most likely to play a totally changed line-up for this one on Saturday lunchtime. A side similar to the Leeds game or that Chelsea FA Cup semi-final is what is most likely to be named by Pep here. But given how relaxed and not so bothered Palace seem at the moment, even that side would have a decent chance of pulling a result.

I know all minds are on Paris but should we win here on Saturday, all our minds would automatically (and collectively) align their focus on the Super Sunday game on Sky Sports kicking off at 4:30pm ... because should Liverpool then beat United at Old Trafford in that one, it'd hand us our Premier League title back ...

Our title I said? It will be our 3rd title in just the last four seasons, and 5th out of last ten so yes, this is our time, this has been our decade ... whether it comes on Sunday or the next Saturday, it's coming ... so watch it, drink it in ... rejoice ... and long may it continue!

Match Prediction

Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Manchester City

Ederson
Cancelo
Laporte
Ake
Mendy
Sterling
Fernandinho
Rodri
Torres
Aguero
Jesus

Play a team that won't lose, don't need to win so all eyes on the 2nd leg. Gundogan needs a rest for sure. Play Mendy for all I care, cotton wool for the first XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.