Crystal Palace (h) post-match thread

You are right. We haven't had a decent left back for years (perhaps Clichy) but tonight I thought Zin had his best game for three years. He worked really hard and he has a spirit that supports the other players, especially Foden. He is certainly technically weaker than the rest of the team but he has a strong character and brings something to the group. There is something special about this group of young players. Sterling is the same. He has been poor this season but he works his bollocks off and seems to bring the best out of his teammates. There is something happening with this team.

We continually read how shit zinch is, yet on so mane post match threads, he has had a great game.

One of those, just not quite good enough and never will be, but, also good enough when needed and called for. He's played a big part in the trophies won so far, and when we eventually get a proper left back, we can move him on with some recognition of that.

What i learned:

cancello has the edge on walker at the mo.
We are a different team with fern. Oh to turn the clock back.
Gundo is excelling in his more advanced role. I am happy to be proved wring about him.
Stones/diaz ... nuff said.
Sterlinh isnt firing but his free kick was great. After me muttering, “why the fucks he taking it”.
We need a top quality striker and we would be frightening with one. I like jesus but hes not top drawer

Two years? Two fucking years, get a grip!

I was getting so annoyed when people just started echoing the rounding up of a handful of mediocre early games (in context previously described) to 18 months of 'crap'. I see the clock hasn't stopped, despite this mini resurgence!

Slipped in jibe comments like that sometimes really come across like folk are willingly waiting for things to go wrong.

I challenge last season being rewritten. Won a trophy. two actually, as i count the shield. came within 2 wins of winning fa cup and within 3 wins of winning the CL. We won multiple games to get to those points, do they not count? Ok, below our best in the league, but still second, still
plenty of goals, and some good dominant performances. Not a roaring success of a season, and yes arguably below our expectations. But in no way the disaster people are willing to turn it into.
Not so long ago, second in the league would have been a miracle.
You can't win everything, there's other clubs trying hard too.

We continually read how shit zinch is, yet on so mane post match threads, he has had a great game.

One of those, just not quite good enough and never will be, but, also good enough when needed and called for. He's played a big part in the trophies won so far, and when we eventually get a proper left back, we can move him on with some recognition of that.
I agree

We'll never cure Lee Mason's inability to see a foul or a card for our opponents; or his bias as some cynics might say, but why not just kick the ball at him when he's blocking a pass? It's play-on if we keep possession and an uncontested drop ball if we lose it. The drop ball might not be a great option but it might be better than making a second or third choice pass.

What i learned:

cancello has the edge on walker at the mo.
We are a different team with fern. Oh to turn the clock back.
Gundo is excelling in his more advanced role. I am happy to be proved wring about him.
Stones/diaz ... nuff said.
Sterlinh isnt firing but his free kick was great. After me muttering, “why the fucks he taking it”.
We need a top quality striker and we would be frightening with one. I like jesus but hes not top drawer
Can’t disagree with any of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.