Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

Agree except it’s the law not a rule. It’s the same law that means you can’t stick a keg out to stop the keeper kicking it out. i seem to recall a certain rag being booked for it and then a few minutes later being sent off for another yellow. You cannot impede a throw, kick etc and by putting his leg up in front of Eddie before the ball had even left his hand it becomes a free kick to us. In actual fact Pakace player was lucky not to be booked for unsporting behaviou.
Would take a while to roll a keg out and put it in front of Eddie!!!

2-0 makes it sound like a disaster class, but the OG was a bit of a freak, but the 2nd was awful defending and it's fair to say we weren't at our best.

Either way it doesn't matter because the 2nd half was so good, and the formation/structure was incredible to watch, another enjoyable game.

It falls under the delaying the restart of the game and is a YC
I was helping my son move house on Saturday. 0-2 at half time, and I was following on the BM match day thread, which is never the most positive when we're down.

I didn't find out the final score until 7pm, and I was mildly amused by Liverpool's rout, pleased with England cricket win, and pleasantly surprised by our comeback.

When I saw the incident on MOTD, I (as a former referee) immediately knew why their third goal was disallowed, and knew it to be the correct decision. If it was unfair to Palace, why did not one of their players complain about it either at the time, or after the game? The only people complaining are opposition fans, who have no idea about the finer points of the LOTG.

Agree except it’s the law not a rule. It’s the same law that means you can’t stick a keg out to stop the keeper kicking it out. i seem to recall a certain rag being booked for it and then a few minutes later being sent off for another yellow. You cannot impede a throw, kick etc and by putting his leg up in front of Eddie before the ball had even left his hand it becomes a free kick to us. In actual fact Pakace player was lucky not to be booked for unsporting behaviou.
This is correct. You’re just not allowed to do that in any way.

You can’t stand in front of someone taking a throw-in and jump up and head it as he’s throwing it in. Just as you can’t stick your leg out as a goalkeeper is rolling the ball out.

But the Palace player raised his leg after the ball had been rolled out and not before.

I was helping my son move house on Saturday. 0-2 at half time, and I was following on the BM match day thread, which is never the most positive when we're down.

I didn't find out the final score until 7pm, and I was mildly amused by Liverpool's rout, pleased with England cricket win, and pleasantly surprised by our comeback.

When I saw the incident on MOTD, I (as a former referee) immediately knew why their third goal was disallowed, and knew it to be the correct decision. If it was unfair to Palace, why did not one of their players complain about it either at the time, or after the game? The only people complaining are opposition fans, who have no idea about the finer points of the LOTG.
Considering football fans are obsessive about football, watch it at least four days of every week, are very clued up on tactics and stats, know every player’s strengths and weaknesses, know the way different teams play, know the ins-and-outs of loads of aspects of the game and the wider sport in general; it’s quite astonishing how so few know the Laws of the Game.

They hang on every word of pundits and take their incorrect interpretations of the laws every week and take them as fact. Pundits are very often wrong about that they think the laws are.

Football is generally a very simple sport and the laws of football are generally very simple too. It’s only the odd situation where the laws can be complicated and they nearly never come into play.

Any Palace fans moaning about their disallowed third (I think the whistle even blew before he kicked it in the net so it wasn’t even disallowed) just don’t know the law around that kind of incident. Like a huge proportion of fans don’t around the various incidents that go on every week.

Considering football fans are obsessive about football, watch it at least four days of every week, are very clued up on tactics and stats, know every player’s strengths and weaknesses, know the way different teams play, know the ins-and-outs of loads of aspects of the game and the wider sport in general; it’s quite astonishing how so few know the Laws of the Game.

They hang on every word of pundits and take their incorrect interpretations of the laws every week and take them as fact. Pundits are very often wrong about that they think the laws are.

Football is generally a very simple sport and the laws of football are generally very simple too. It’s only the odd situation where the laws can be complicated and they nearly never come into play.

Any Palace fans moaning about their disallowed third (I think the whistle even blew before he kicked it in the net so it wasn’t even disallowed) just don’t know the law around that kind of incident. Like a huge proportion of fans don’t around the various incidents that go on every week.
The problem is that those who watched on TV, live or MotD, were told by the commentators that the goal should have stood. At no time during the game did the broadcasters refer to the actual regulation, they just spouted off that they didn’t understand why it wasn’t given.

Combine that with an emotional and frustrated crowd who are already 2 down, no wonder there‘s some craziness of the understanding of the game.

But the Palace player raised his leg after the ball had been rolled out and not before.
It surely falls under the end of this sentence in the laws though:

• prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands or kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing it
40BBAEDC-B8DF-4972-A2E8-0A728703C372.png

Ederson is in the process of releasing the ball there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.