Crystal Palace Thread - 2021/22

Nice cushy job with BBC or ITV for the Euros to soften the blow I'm guessing.

Probably the worst-kept secret in English football.

He's done a steady, if unspectacular job at Palace, though he has been relatively successful in other appointments, notably Finland, whom he took to within one win of qualifying for the 2008 Euros.

I wish Roy the all the best in his retirement.

Nice cushy job with BBC or ITV for the Euros to soften the blow I'm guessing.

No chance have you seen what demographic both those are aiming for? a white 73 year old is not going to sit well, my guess he will pop up as a uefa technical assessor.

No chance have you seen what demographic both those are aiming for? a white 73 year old is not going to sit well, my guess he will pop up as a uefa technical assessor.
Sky will dig him up for Dippers v Palace.

Graham Potter on RH:

“Not just the success they had at their own clubs but how they influenced Swedish football and the organisation of Swedish football. The 4-4-2 that became quite Swedish was a lot of Roy and Bob’s influence.

They were legends and rightly so for what they achieved in Sweden."

Ironically Hodgson's most ignominious defeat came from a coach who was influenced by his greatest success.

Probably would have beaten them if he had stuck with his trademark 442.

Unfortunately English footballers are mostly either morons or selfish, unable or unwilling to adapt their game to the team.

E. G. Paul Scholes or Gerrard on the left under Sven and Capello. Italian midfielders of similar styles have frequently played out wide at international level without throwing their toys out of their pram.

Always thought he was a decent guy that did a rather underappreciated job. Was never taking Palace anywhere fast but he was as good as a guarantee of safety. I think Palace will struggle next season. Lot of players out of contract, one of them key players, badly aging squad and a new manager to get used to. If it doesn't go well early doors I can see them going down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.