Crystal Palace vs Manchester City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace will try and do what Everton, Southampton and Boro have done. Pressure is on them a bit as they are on a bad run.

Spain play this weekend and then on Tuesday next week (England). Argentina also got 2 games. Brazil 2 games so going to be pointless trying to 2nd guess the team.

No doubt there will be the usual shouts to play the strongest team, but recent games have shown that playing the best players is meaningless if the best players heads are elsewhere or they are not fully recovered. That's probably something we could have done better to date. After midweek games, a few more changes. After a strong start with all players anxious to prove themselves there has been a slacking off. Is it complacency, or was it always impossible to keep that workrate up? Whatever, one solution would be more rotation as it addresses both possible causes.

This is why shouts for strongest 11 always annoy me. It's not that straight forward.

If we get through the international break relatively unscathed I feel good for this one. We're a bit up & down but it's time for an up.

Bravo
[Zab/Sagna] Otamendi Stones Kolarov
Fernandinho
De Bruyne [Silva/Gundogan]
Sterling Aguero Nolito

Back to what worked so well for us, Nolito gives us great balance & Raheem has been fantastic on the right wing. One of the midfield quadrad can start from the bench, a bit of rotation isn't the end of the world.
I'd actually argue that one or possibly 2 MUST start from the bench. If we are to keep up our intensity over the 3 games in 8 days

Palace will try and do what Everton, Southampton and Boro have done. Pressure is on them a bit as they are on a bad run.

Spain play this weekend and then on Tuesday next week (England). Argentina also got 2 games. Brazil 2 games so going to be pointless trying to 2nd guess the team.

No doubt there will be the usual shouts to play the strongest team, but recent games have shown that playing the best players is meaningless if the best players heads are elsewhere or they are not fully recovered. That's probably something we could have done better to date. After midweek games, a few more changes. After a strong start with all players anxious to prove themselves there has been a slacking off. Is it complacency, or was it always impossible to keep that workrate up? Whatever, one solution would be more rotation as it addresses both possible causes.

It always amuses me when posters refer to our players "having a rest" when they go away on international duty. Fernandhino, Otamendi & Zabaleta in particular will be knackered when we play Palace.

It always amuses me when posters refer to our players "having a rest" when they go away on international duty. Fernandhino, Otamendi & Zabaleta in particular will be knackered when we play Palace.
Well Sagna looks mighty rested :p

City are confident that both Claudio Bravo and Vincent Kompany will be fit to face Cystal Palace despite injury concerns. [The Guardian]

Fernandinho had a great time. Marked Messi really well.

Otmanendi should not start the palace game but with kompany situation, pep may not have a choice.
Sagna should replace zaba

They will be

It's the same for all players who come from South America

It's the only reason why Barca lost in CL last year imo

Bravo
Sagna Stones Kolarov Clichy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Silva
Sterling Aguero Nolito

Lets go back to what was working and put Gundogan on after 60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.