Curry Mile

FantasyIreland said:
plongo said:
Mughli looking fav at the moment

Any more for any more?

What's good in Didsbury as were going to Piccys there or,
should we pig out on pic n mix and popcorn?

Right opposite - Khandoker(sp)

Not been for a while but the Khandoker was superb.

Spicy Hut or the Punjab are both good. I've been to both quite recently.

If you want to stay in Didsbury, head over to Burton Road to any of the Nepalese restaurants: Great Kathmandu, Namaste Nepal or the Gurkha Grill. They're all good

Just dont eat at Camel one.It's a takeaway granted,but i used to deliver mail on the curry mile and have seen the biggest rat i have ever seen running into a hole at the back of the place.Always in the same place early morning everyday.

Eaten at a lot of these - I'd say Khandoker is very average at best.

The Nepalese places in Didsbury aren't bad for the authentic experience but the food again is a tad tasteless. If you do go to one of these Gurkha Grill is possibly the best but last time I went in a year ago it looked like a building site as they were downsizing the resteraunt but hadn't done the neatest job of it.

I'd stick with the reccomendations of Mughli and the tava roll. The other place that I would reccomend is Moon in Withington (their take-away is exceptional although the restaurant isn't particularly exciting). If you venture in to town Lal Quila (under a new name) at the end of Deansgate does a very reasonably priced and good quality take-away and eating in isn't bad either compared to EastzEast and Akhbars that are both nice but very overpriced.

I do however partially disagree with you on Nando's - the Didsbury one isn't brilliant but the Spinningfields one is much nicer!

strongbowholic said:
Never understood the attraction of Nandos. The sauce is vile - all tangy and mustardy - and the set up is purely MacDonald's but restaurant type prices.

Me neither ....

don't rate nandos at all.

FantasyIreland said:
plongo said:
Mughli looking fav at the moment

Any more for any more?

What's good in Didsbury as were going to Piccys there or,
should we pig out on pic n mix and popcorn?

Right opposite - Khandoker(sp)

Yes , Khandoker is excellent ......

LongsightM13 said:
Should be renamed the Shisha cafe mile nowadays, forcing the crappier, less popular curry houses out.
As mentioned, Kandoker on the Kingsway is very good for a suburban Indian.
If you fancy Chinese instead, East on Didsbury Road in Heaton Mersey (the road off the Kingsway directly next to the complex, heading towards Stockport) is very good. Try the Singapore Noodles, spectacular

Only 12 sit down curry restaurants left on curry mile apparently .....

Shisha smoking bars now said to outnumber them by two to one.

Sangam's is still OK although it used to be much, much better.

I went to Akbar's near the Museum of Science and Industry recently for a friend's leaving do. It was a lot better than what you can expect on the Curry Mile these days.

west didsblue said:
Spicy Hut or the Punjab are both good. I've been to both quite recently.

If you want to stay in Didsbury, head over to Burton Road to any of the Nepalese restaurants: Great Kathmandu, Namaste Nepal or the Gurkha Grill. They're all good

have been in the great kathmandu. does great food and run by a nice family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.