cursor intermittent freezing

cyberman

i have this really annoying problem.my cursor keeps freezing on my laptop.if i connect laptop with ethernet cable no probs.as soon as i try and use my belkin mimo router i get this agravating freeze every now and again.i have tried updating my synaptics mouse.i have also updated my intel proset wireless which i am not sure has worked cause when i checked my hardware the pro set wireless is still the old version.also the synaptics file keeps popping up at startup,do i need to install this update everytime i start laptop.so many questions not enough answers.can you help

Not sure but it sounds like two seperate problems. The freeze ONLY happens when you try to connect to your mimo router? Can you connect to any other wireless router without problems? Try updating your intel driver again, you should get a mesage at the end saying whether it sucessfully installed or not.

also the synaptics file keeps popping up at startup
What exactly pops up a message or a question?

Also when the freeze occurs is it temporary or terminal?

i am on my third router everytime i go back to pc world i end up exchanging the router for something bigger and better consequently i keep adding extra money to the previous model.i initialy had a belkin g which was dire,i gave up with that and it remained a expensive techno dust attracting ornament for 9 months or so.i got sick oflooking at the dusty object took it back paid extra 25 quid and walked out of shop with a lynksys powerbooster what a joke after 3 months of that i took it back paid 23 quid more got my belkin mimo which to be fair is a lot better although it still freezes periodicaly. i updated ny intel but it just sits on my desktop.if i open it and go through the motions it seems to go into the laptop.but when i check my hardware on the laptop it comes up with the original version of intel i got with the laptop 18 months ago not the newer version i think i have installed.sorry to be so long winded but it may hep you to know the full saga.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.