Curved Screen TV

Zubrman

I was looking at these recently and comparing them to flat screen ones next to them and somehow they looked better.

Does anyone have one and how do you like it?

My advice is spend the same amount on a flat screen with far better specs instead of the novelty that is curved screen.

Pub near me has one that must be about 150". Don't think they're any better than the flat ones tbh. Just gimmicky.

nimrod said:
Just get a Sony Bravia mate

fuck the curve screen, waste of time

I spunked a lot on a Bravia KDL-46W905 a few years back and its a beast of a TV.

I've got a Bravia in my bedroom on a wireless connection and find the internet/streaming painfully slow even though we have fibre optic.

Our main TV, Samsung, is far better than the Bravia.

BlueSniffer said:
I've got a Bravia in my bedroom on a wireless connection and find the internet/streaming painfully slow even though we have fibre optic.

Our main TV, Samsung, is far better than the Bravia.

could be in a dead spot mate

mine works superbly on wi fi

I watch City on it no problemo

Depends why you want one.

Don't let fanboys of either side influence your decision, decide what's important to you and go with it.

There is very little benefit of the viewing experience of a Curved TV as opposed to a flat screen. The few benefits they do bring depend very much on the screen size and the room layout your watching it in. Therefore, if the priority is the technical spec of a TV, go for a flat.

If you're not all that bothered by the technical spec and as long as the spec is as good as a flat, and your driver behind a curved screen is because they look fucking brilliant, then go for a curved one.

It really is a question regarding the importance (to you) of Spec and Aesthetics. Nobody can answer that for you, flat or curved the TV will be a brilliant TV unless you go down the budget route.

its a telly, all programmes are the same , buy a normal one ffs and save your dosh.

can't do with these tossers buying TV's bigger than a small van.

markbmcfc said:
Depends why you want one.

Don't let fanboys of either side influence your decision, decide what's important to you and go with it.

There is very little benefit of the viewing experience of a Curved TV as opposed to a flat screen. The few benefits they do bring depend very much on the screen size and the room layout your watching it in. Therefore, if the priority is the technical spec of a TV, go for a flat.

If you're not all that bothered by the technical spec and as long as the spec is as good as a flat, and your driver behind a curved screen is because they look fucking brilliant, then go for a curved one.

It really is a question regarding the importance (to you) of Spec and Aesthetics. Nobody can answer that for you, flat or curved the TV will be a brilliant TV unless you go down the budget route.

I want a new TV because the Sony Bravia 40" I have is nearly 10 years old, and only has one hdmi input socket, colours aren't that great and 4K is the next thing. It looks small in our large living room too.

I reckon the 55" curved screen somehow looks 'right' when sat next to a flat screen, when seen from an angle of, say 45 degrees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.