Cycle Touring

JOGAMIGMOG

Team supported
Manchester City, England and Levante Union Deportiva
Further to the NC500 thread, any Bluemooners ever holidayed by bicycle? I've done dozens of cycle tours ranging from long weekends to a whole month away. There's nowt better than loading your bike up with your gear and a tent and just clearing off somewhere.
Off up to Inverness in a fortnight and cycling the Caledonia Way for five days into the Mull of Kintyre before riding on up through the Trossachs ending up in Killin. Wild camping along the shores of various lochs on the way. All in all about 350 miles of amazing scenery, rain and midges. Bring it on!

Further to the NC500 thread, any Bluemooners ever holidayed by bicycle? I've done dozens of cycle tours ranging from long weekends to a whole month away. There's nowt better than loading your CAR up with your gear and a tent and just clearing off somewhere.
Off up to Inverness in a fortnight and cycling the Caledonia Way for five days into the Mull of Kintyre before riding on up through the Trossachs ending up in Killin. Wild camping along the shores of various lochs on the way. All in all about 350 miles of amazing scenery, rain and midges. Bring it on!

Further to the NC500 thread, any Bluemooners ever holidayed by bicycle? I've done dozens of cycle tours ranging from long weekends to a whole month away. There's nowt better than loading your bike up with your gear and a tent and just clearing off somewhere.
Stunning area but I like to get dry after a day in Scotland, was up in the Hebrides recently and cycled there but returned to the cottage each day some of the folk doing the Hebridean way looked bloody miserable.
Last four years we have been away cycling on the continent but always gone form hotel/B&B to hotel /B&B with our bags being moved for us, shower and a beer at the end of the day. Soft but much easier for an old bugger like myself.

Flat bar or drops? I have done some touring mainly two/three day adventures, my first C2C was a two day affair with a night in a grim bunkhouse but had a massive laugh, had a great 3 day cycle there and back to wast water in the lakes all on a road bike and just a rucksack so travelling light

Flat bar or drops? I have done some touring mainly two/three day adventures, my first C2C was a two day affair with a night in a grim bunkhouse but had a massive laugh, had a great 3 day cycle there and back to wast water in the lakes all on a road bike and just a rucksack so travelling light
Currently touring on a Specialized Awol + which is a drop bar. Your post kind of sums up what cycle touring is about; You might get grim digs but the laugh, the ride, the everything that you remember about the trip makes it great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.