Cycling Advice

Try having a look at the make Kryptonite .
halfords sell them , but they may be cheaper elsewhere.
I use one of these:

I also use a cable loop from that lock through the back wheel, and separate cable lock through the front wheel.

Any bike lock recommendations? I have no idea what's good or shite.
Advice was to get two different types of lock so makes it a bit more difficult for the potential thief as they might need different tools\skills. Have word at your local bike shop to see what they say. Check out bike registration service as well.

Advice was to get two different types of lock so makes it a bit more difficult for the potential thief as they might need different tools\skills. Have word at your local bike shop to see what they say. Check out bike registration service as well.
The 2 cables I use are just a basic deterrent to stop someone whipping the wheels off.

The D-lock is a bit more substantial and just big enough to accommodate bike and bike rack. This makes it difficult to get tools into the lock without wrecking the bike. It's a bit more of a deterrent if removing the lock essentially wrecks the bike. Makes someone less inclined to nick it in the first place.

Reviving this thread as I'm thinking about buying a secondhand - but quality - mountain bike.

Any tips on good models that can be picked up for a reasonable price and where to look?

Thanks guys.

Reviving this thread as I'm thinking about buying a secondhand - but quality - mountain bike.

Any tips on good models that can be picked up for a reasonable price and where to look?

Thanks guys.
Always good to check for last year's models at some big named companies. I found some people selling secondhand take the piss. I got a whyte 805 from Evans for £740 which is half-price. People were selling used models for more . Winstanley is a place to look . Be careful with places like gumtree I nearly got robbed in Withington going to view a bike a guy was selling as he was pretending to be a student with receipts. I've also got a cube analogue and its a great bike which I think is currently on sale for last year's model. Most just have a new paint job and are the same specs.

Always good to check for last year's models at some big named companies. I found some people selling secondhand take the piss. I got a whyte 805 from Evans for £740 which is half-price. People were selling used models for more . Winstanley is a place to look . Be careful with places like gumtree I nearly got robbed in Withington going to view a bike a guy was selling as he was pretending to be a student with receipts. I've also got a cube analogue and its a great bike which I think is currently on sale for last year's model. Most just have a new paint job and are the same specs.
Great - thanks! Will have a look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.