Cycling Advice

It's the freewheel hub making the noise, and it's fairly normal for it to get a bit louder as it was likely shipped with a fair wedge of grease in it which has now settled. I'd worry more if it got quieter.

As for your gear changes feeling bigger; have you checked to make sure it's indexed correctly (1 click, 1 gear)?
Well thats good to know :-)

the gears havent been touch since i got it...and i can change gear no problem....just one or two (the same ones) feel bigger...they definitely arent skipping a gear....maybe im just getting more tired/older/lazy :-)

Does chain stretch have any impact? Should i be changing it soon? i commute about 40 miles a week...with the odd weekend jaunt of 10-20 miles

Genuine question to cyclists.

The council have spent a lot of money to build a brand new lovely cycle lane and have narrowed the main road in doing so.

Why do cyclists still use the main road as opposed to this empty new cycle lane which is shielded by higher kerbs. As mentioned the main road has been narrowed so it slows traffic and increases risk of drivers over taking etc..

The council have spent a lot of money to build a brand new lovely cycle lane and have narrowed the main road in doing so.

Why do cyclists still use the main road as opposed to this empty new cycle lane which is shielded by higher kerbs. As mentioned the main road has been narrowed so it slows traffic and increases risk of drivers over taking etc..
My experience of cycle lanes is that they get filled with crap (litter, leaves, branches, stones. rocks and often people walking)...and therefor become unusable as they are never cleared

Hard to say without seeing it...does it go where cyclists want to go (eg does it veer off onto a side street/onto a convoluted route around a junction)? Does it suddenly stop and throw cyclists back into a busy lane? Too narrow? Is it two way but on one side of the road only so users might have to cross two lanes to use it? Do cyclists have to stop at every side rd? If it's well thought out and safe, it will get used, if not....

They’re often full of all sorts of shite like glass, sand, stones etc and can be hazardous to ride in. A cyclist will always use a protected lane above riding on the road unless the cycle lane is badly designed and/or poorly maintained.

Ride single file because if you don’t and I get stuck behind you, I will have one of those shouty car moments that middle aged men have inside the safety of their car! That won’t be good for my blood pressure!

The higher kerbs is probably the exact reason why it’s not used it means nothing ever gets cleaned out, the one on the opposite side of the stadium on ATW is a prime example of fucked up thinking by designers full of detritus and with no drainage.

Cycle lanes in this country seem like they were designed by particularly stupid children on their first day at nursery, using the cheapest Lego set, and half of it's missing, and the children are blind, and haven't heard of cars... or bikes.

Ride single file because if you don’t and I get stuck behind you, I will have one of those shouty car moments that middle aged men have inside the safety of their car! That won’t be good for my blood pressure!
It’s usually easier for cars to overtake a tight bunch of cyclists two abreast rather than one long strung out line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.