Cycling Advice

First ride out after my neck and shoulder issues, had a bit of treatment, filthy stats of 32 miles @14.2 Ave and 1800 ft, nowhere near what I need to be doing for my supposed Majorca trip in October but the pain wasn’t unbearable so that’s a start, bike fit for at the velo this Thursday so hopefully he might spot something. Onwards and upwards

Mrs Ewing and I can go on a simple ride - mixture of back streets, canal towpath and cycle path, with a hundred yards or so of the A58, and we know that nigh on one in, say, three rides, we will encounter a motorist who will raise the question in our heads "What were you trying to do then? We have got to the point where we expect motorists to do the oddest thing. But having said that the vast majority are very cycle aware and cycle friendly, to the point that where a motorist gives way and lets us cross the traffic, Mrs Ewing and I always say "He's a cyclist!'
Trick ?

First ride out after my neck and shoulder issues, had a bit of treatment, filthy stats of 32 miles @14.2 Ave and 1800 ft, nowhere near what I need to be doing for my supposed Majorca trip in October but the pain wasn’t unbearable so that’s a start, bike fit for at the velo this Thursday so hopefully he might spot something. Onwards and upwards
Who's doing the bike fit? Didn't know they did them at the Velo. Let us know how it goes/went and if you think it was worth it. I may book in. Cheers Disco

Who's doing the bike fit? Didn't know they did them at the Velo. Let us know how it goes/went and if you think it was worth it. I may book in. Cheers Disco

The guys been there for a few years company’s called Pedal Precision and they have a decent website, I have gone for the one day classic session, £140.00 I will give a full report, I am even putting new cleats on for the occasion!

The guys been there for a few years company’s called Pedal Precision and they have a decent website, I have gone for the one day classic session, £140.00 I will give a full report, I am even putting new cleats on for the occasion!
Just changed mine too about twenty minutes ago. Went for a club ride this morning and had to bail as my feet kept coming out of the pedals. The old cleats looked like the aftermath of a Beirut ammonium warehouse! £20 set of shiny new Shimano SPD's and I'm good to go again.

Just changed mine too about twenty minutes ago. Went for a club ride this morning and had to bail as my feet kept coming out of the pedals. The old cleats looked like the aftermath of a Beirut ammonium warehouse! £20 set of shiny new Shimano SPD's and I'm good to go again.

cyclists are just weird at times, probably the main contact point after the saddle and we treat our equipment like shit, I was outraged when I saw the price of the yellow shimano cleats on Thursday they were wanting £16 almost everywhere, I was so outraged I bought a new pair of pedals just to get the cleats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.