Cycling Advice

Had a bit of a service done to my bike this week:

New brake handles
New brake cable
Cleaned the brake cable housing (said it was full of water and grit)
New brake pads
Realigned brake pads
Realigned the wheels and tightened nuts
Turned the front tyre around (said it was fitted the wrong way round)
Tightened chain (was like a whore’s labia!)
Cleaned chain
Lubricated the front drive
... not much then!

So I’m good to go for another Summer of good riding ahead!

Nearly came off the bike on the way home though! They only need a feather light touch now. The fella couldn’t understand how I was stopping before, I said “I was just squeezing for dear life mate to be honest!”
But being so used to squeezing so hard, the bike has never come to a halt like my first squeeze this afternoon!

Had a bit of a service done to my bike this week:

New brake handles
New brake cable
Cleaned the brake cable housing (said it was full of water and grit)
New brake pads
Realigned brake pads
Realigned the wheels and tightened nuts
Turned the front tyre around (said it was fitted the wrong way round)
Tightened chain (was like a whore’s labia!)
Cleaned chain
Lubricated the front drive
... not much then!

So I’m good to go for another Summer of good riding ahead!

Nearly came off the bike on the way home though! They only need a feather light touch now. The fella couldn’t understand how I was stopping before, I said “I was just squeezing for dear life mate to be honest!”
But being so used to squeezing so hard, the bike has never come to a halt like my first squeeze this afternoon!

Realigned the wheels? Did you not notice you were riding a clown bike?

Fucking shape up man!

Ten miles tootling by river Mersey with daughter this morning then twenty on my own around Northenden on son’s mountain bike. Just over 3 hours at an average of 9.8mph!!! But all off road on a bike miles too small so I’ve converted that to what I’d do on my Dura Ace BMC and I’ve just nicked the one hour record! Chapeau to me!!!

Ten miles tootling by river Mersey with daughter this morning then twenty on my own around Northenden on son’s mountain bike. Just over 3 hours at an average of 9.8mph!!! But all off road on a bike miles too small so I’ve converted that to what I’d do on my Dura Ace BMC and I’ve just nicked the one hour record! Chapeau to me!!!

Mr Tapia to drug control please

Realigned the wheels? Did you not notice you were riding a clown bike?

Fucking shape up man!
Yeah the dropout adjustment screws weren’t the same on each side so the back wheel wasn’t central. It had rubbed down one brake pad miles more than the other.

Recently became a Zwifter! Got my bike trainer set up in the garage and decided to join the online cycling phenomenon. Got to say that it is absolutely brilliant - just gutted I never did it sooner. The exercise is far harder than going out for say a 50 mile ride with 4K of climbs although you still can’t beat the real thing. What I like about Zwift is you’re competing with riders from all over the world. As an Englishman I take particular joy in chasing down and passing Americans, Scots, Welsh and of course Germans. Any other Mooners part of the Zwift community?

Recently became a Zwifter! Got my bike trainer set up in the garage and decided to join the online cycling phenomenon. Got to say that it is absolutely brilliant - just gutted I never did it sooner. The exercise is far harder than going out for say a 50 mile ride with 4K of climbs although you still can’t beat the real thing. What I like about Zwift is you’re competing with riders from all over the world. As an Englishman I take particular joy in chasing down and passing Americans, Scots, Welsh and of course Germans. Any other Mooners part of the Zwift community?

Try the Everest challenge to get the tron bike. What trainer are you using?

Would rather blow my own brains out than ride indoors. Just absolutely hate any indoor type of riding. Rollers, zwift, peloton all do my nut in! But know lots who enjoy it especially when weather is shite. Joe Bidon is your man to beat! And Michelle Obama. She had specifically built bike so rest of world wasn’t wired into the whitehouse. Bidon’s people seemingly forgot and had to get him off it sharpish when he popped up on the World Wide Web!! Enjoy it anyway bud

Would rather blow my own brains out than ride indoors. Just absolutely hate any indoor type of riding. Rollers, zwift, peloton all do my nut in! But know lots who enjoy it especially when weather is shite. Joe Bidon is your man to beat! And Michelle Obama. She had specifically built bike so rest of world wasn’t wired into the whitehouse. Bidon’s people seemingly forgot and had to get him off it sharpish when he popped up on the World Wide Web!! Enjoy it anyway bud
Biden not bidon!! Understandable mistake on this thread!

Tip of the day.

Check the weather forecast before you go out.

1300 start today at work. Got on the bike and set off; a little bit breezy to start. Then I realised it was actually proper windy. Gusting 38mph as I found out when I got to the top of the hill and the f*cking wind almost blew me to a standstill!!!

The last section was fairly constant and in my face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.