Cycling Advice

Try the Everest challenge to get the tron bike. What trainer are you using?
It’s a Tacx. Don’t ask me what model or whatever, I haven’t got a clue. It’s a smart (ish) trainer with built in cadence sensor but relies on Ant+ to sync up with Zwift. I bought it in 2017 but it’s been stuck in my shed ever since whilst I built up the enthusiasm to sort out my garage! This Covid stuff finally kicked my arse into gear - only because the pubs and MCFC is shut! :)

Tip of the day.

Check the weather forecast before you go out.

1300 start today at work. Got on the bike and set off; a little bit breezy to start. Then I realised it was actually proper windy. Gusting 38mph as I found out when I got to the top of the hill and the f*cking wind almost blew me to a standstill!!!

The last section was fairly constant and in my face.
The side winds are the worst when you’re descending at speed then a side wind side-swipes you and makes your front wheel wobble somewhat and your arse twitch!!!

Right no laughing you lot my first bike ride for over 4 years and even back than I think I only did about 5 rides !

I not using my road bike but my mountain bike across farmers fields etc. Head wind on the way out ;)

I am hoping to get out more now that I am shielding till the 31st :)

My brain still thinks I am 21 but my body knows it's in its 60's lol

20210223_125308.jpg

Would rather blow my own brains out than ride indoors. Just absolutely hate any indoor type of riding. Rollers, zwift, peloton all do my nut in! But know lots who enjoy it especially when weather is shite. Joe Bidon is your man to beat! And Michelle Obama. She had specifically built bike so rest of world wasn’t wired into the whitehouse. Bidon’s people seemingly forgot and had to get him off it sharpish when he popped up on the World Wide Web!! Enjoy it anyway bud
Exactly why I sold my Wattbike... Yes I got a sweat on but it's no substitute for the wind in your face and using secondary muscles for balance etc.. I did my usual 16 miles this morning and the wind was killer (I live near an airfield so it usually is) but that's great, I had a better workout than I ever did on the trainer

My rollers might be sold too as I haven't used them in months

Tip of the day.

1300 start today at work. Got on the bike and set off; a little bit breezy to start. Then I realised it was actually proper windy. Gusting 38mph as I found out when I got to the top of the hill and the f*cking wind almost blew me to a standstill!!!

But you felt great once you'd done it right? I know I do

Tip of the day.

I always use to check the wind direct before I left , nothing worse than thinking I am feeling really strong today I push on about and than you turn to come back straight into a head wind ! I always use to try and pick a route into the head wind first so coming back was easy lol

The side winds are the worst when you’re descending at speed then a side wind side-swipes you and makes your front wheel wobble somewhat and your arse twitch!!!
Absolutely.

I had a crosswind section after the hill on my commute today. It's quite a wide section of road with low hedges either side and if the wind is blowing from the South, it comes up the slope and accelerates across the road. It's caught me out a few times. Luckily it's at the top of the hill, so I'm normally not going fast.

Going down the hill there is a gap in the houses about half way down, and the wind occasionally blast through there. It does make you twitch, especially at 60kph.

Right no laughing you lot my first bike ride for over 4 years and even back than I think I only did about 5 rides !

I not using my road bike but my mountain bike across farmers fields etc. Head wind on the way out ;)

View attachment 11165
4 miles in 35 minutes.... think you need to pump those tyres up mate.... 1614094161243.gif

View attachment 11165
31st February?

What app do you use to track your ride? My VeryFitPro never tracks me when I’m on my bike but does for walks and runs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.