Cycling Advice

I really need to stop chasing down e-bikes.

It was cold this morning (-1) and I got stuck at a level crossing for 10 minutes.

Barriers go up and from behind me a guy on an e-bike cuts me up and sets off at pace, so I thought f*ck this and chased him down... on cold legs. Caught him in about 150yds and kept him behind me the full length of the high street (3/4 mile) until he turned off... right before my route takes me uphill.

My legs are now in bits. Totally self-inflicted.

Anyone got any recommendations on where to find mountain bikes at a decent price? Not arsed about it being brand new because I'm not looking to pay £600+ for a semi-decent hardtail.

My brother's picked up a Calibre Bossnut in good condition for £500 on Facebook marketplace but I'm wondering if there's an alternative seeing as I've not logged on for six years.

Anyone got any recommendations on where to find mountain bikes at a decent price? Not arsed about it being brand new because I'm not looking to pay £600+ for a semi-decent hardtail.

My brother's picked up a Calibre Bossnut in good condition for £500 on Facebook marketplace but I'm wondering if there's an alternative seeing as I've not logged on for six years.
Due to the sun lit uplands of brexit you cant get a decent bike anywhere. EU based outfits like Cannyon and Rose have stopped selling direct here and many of the other independent supply chains have also called it a day for selling into the UK meaning parts are also in short supply. Its mostly high end stuff that has zero supply but the knock on impact is that any half decent bikes are sold out and anything second hand that would do the job is going for up to 80/90% of the cost new.

Due to the sun lit uplands of brexit you cant get a decent bike anywhere. EU based outfits like Cannyon and Rose have stopped selling direct here and many of the other independent supply chains have also called it a day for selling into the UK meaning parts are also in short supply. Its mostly high end stuff that has zero supply but the knock on impact is that any half decent bikes are sold out and anything second hand that would do the job is going for up to 80/90% of the cost new.

I do know someone who can offer me a few good deals but I also know that the bikes aren't exactly ethically sourced so I've been trying to steer clear of them but I'll be damned if I'm paying these insane prices purely because some old cunts got conned into... ah fuck it.

Mate. I bought one 10 years ago and it’s sat in my garage since. It’s been ridden 10 times and I would be happy to gift it if it went to a blue who would use it. I don’t know how PMs etc work but add a comment and a contact number if you want to chat.

Mate. I bought one 10 years ago and it’s sat in my garage since. It’s been ridden 10 times and I would be happy to gift it if it went to a blue who would use it. I don’t know how PMs etc work but add a comment and a contact number if you want to chat.

Oh shit man, you might well have just made my day. I'm at work until 8 but I'll send you a message afterwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.