Cycling Advice

A cycling pal of mine ended up in very similar situation when a scrote launched bag of chips at him. He gesticulated for the driver to pull over, which he duly did. He got out of the car and promptly battered my mate. The bloke was a martial arts steroided up twat. It went to court and he pleaded self defence and got off. My mate had fractured jaw and broken nose and needed extensive band expensive dental surgery. Just ain’t worth the hassle you never know what some **** might be.
I’m all talk... The bloke was a dick and was never going to stop but hopefully a camera will give me the opportunity to batter the next prick that does it ...... metaphorically

I bought Cycliq Fly for cameras front & rear as I got sick of close passes and not being able to do anything about the shit driving I experienced. Had words with this one when he left hooked me and I caught him up at the next set of lights. After I filtered to the front of the queue, he caught me up and launched a coffee cup (with coffee) at me as he passed, but his aim was worse than his driving as he
missed.
Cost him more than half a cup of coffee as I reported him for littering and the twat was issued a fixed penalty notice.
coffee.jpg

I`ve got a couple of hybrids and one road bike but, due to fairly recent surgeries and aging I`ve decided the time is right to get myself an e-bike.
I`ve picked a couple of contenders, both hybrid and both just under £2000.
I can order through various shops or online but, and this is classic.... there are no bikes to try out prior to purchase!
I wouldn`t buy a £2000 car without a test drive but the bike people seem to think I`ll just hand over cash without trying the product!!!
And it gets worse! I contacted one outlet and they advised me to order the bike I want and if it isn`t suitable I can take it back to the store and they would give me a credit note on condition it wasn`t used!!!
And they do this on the condition I buy the bike and wait, possibly up to 8 weeks!
So basically the bike shops are potentially holding onto 10`s of thousands of pounds and gaining interest( or investing it) and using our money to do so!
I look forward to Covid ending and thousands of people trying to get rid of second hand bikes they no longer have time to use, and these shops/ stores going out of business!

I bought Cycliq Fly for cameras front & rear as I got sick of close passes and not being able to do anything about the shit driving I experienced. Had words with this one when he left hooked me and I caught him up at the next set of lights. After I filtered to the front of the queue, he caught me up and launched a coffee cup (with coffee) at me as he passed, but his aim was worse than his driving as he
missed.
Cost him more than half a cup of coffee as I reported him for littering and the twat was issued a fixed penalty notice.
View attachment 14364
I thought it was a dust bin frying through the air in a storm

I`ve got a couple of hybrids and one road bike but, due to fairly recent surgeries and aging I`ve decided the time is right to get myself an e-bike.
I`ve picked a couple of contenders, both hybrid and both just under £2000.
I can order through various shops or online but, and this is classic.... there are no bikes to try out prior to purchase!
I wouldn`t buy a £2000 car without a test drive but the bike people seem to think I`ll just hand over cash without trying the product!!!
And it gets worse! I contacted one outlet and they advised me to order the bike I want and if it isn`t suitable I can take it back to the store and they would give me a credit note on condition it wasn`t used!!!
And they do this on the condition I buy the bike and wait, possibly up to 8 weeks!
So basically the bike shops are potentially holding onto 10`s of thousands of pounds and gaining interest( or investing it) and using our money to do so!
I look forward to Covid ending and thousands of people trying to get rid of second hand bikes they no longer have time to use, and these shops/ stores going out of business!

Have you tried Leisure Lakes in Bury? They have a new e-bike department as they have expanded the shop, they are normally pretty sorted people so I sure they have a test rig or two, Cooksons in Whitefield are also normally good for a test ride but not sure what e-bike range they have.

Have you tried Leisure Lakes in Bury? They have a new e-bike department as they have expanded the shop, they are normally pretty sorted people so I sure they have a test rig or two, Cooksons in Whitefield are also normally good for a test ride but not sure what e-bike range they have.
Cookson’s do Trek electric bikes but cheap they ain’t

Last year me and a mate cycled the tow paths along the canals. It's amazing how far you get without realising.
We do around 30 miles round trips starting at Salford Quays. Worsley, Altringham, Ashton, Wigan...
I caught a train up to Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire and cycled back to Manchester along the canal. That was so satisfying. It's about 30 miles in total.
The River Irwell in Salford is good to cycle too...past Agecroft and on to Clifton Park.
Here's me on a bike ride around the south of Manchester last August (I'm the one with the normal size head....but yeah, i cut my hair myself!.COVID CUT!). We rode down the canal from Old Trafford to Timperley to MCR Airport to Style to Gatley to Fallowfield Loop back to OT and back to Salford.
1619278459434.png

*edit...that's not my mate, by the way....although, they do look a like.

Can anybody recommend a cycling camera for my helmet? I was out for my daily ride today and some tosser in a VW van decided to launch a load of clear liquid at me out of the passenger window... He carried on driving when I gesticulated at him to pull over or i'd have flattened the cnut

It could have been water, piss, Covid juice or anything... All because I had the audacity to ride on the road in broad fucking daylight with perfect visibility and I was even wearing a hi-vis bib

I had a dick leaning out of the passenger window once deliberately aiming objects at my wheels. I caught up with him at the lights at Crown Point in Denton and twatted his wing mirror as hard as I could. It didn’t fall to the floor unfortunately but was dangling on the side. I then went through the (red) lights and went through lots of back streets and alleyways as fast as I could, lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.