Cycling Advice

Very much this!

Slow down and give plenty of room.

Its basic manners and its the safe thing to do and costs you fuck all.
Driving like a tw@t just to save 20 seconds is just not worth it considering the potential outcome.

I had a colleague killed by a driver who now has a criminal record and a death on his conscience.

Driving like a tw@t just to save 20 seconds is just not worth it considering the potential outcome.

I had a colleague killed by a driver who now has a criminal record and a death on his conscience.

They dont realise the effect draft has of a fast moving car/truck/bus has on a cyclist or think is this cyclist tired and struggling on an incline and might he swerve a bit due to that fact so maybe i should slow right down and give them plenty of room. I wont even mention the state of the roads near to the kerb that the driver wouldnt think of putting his wheel into yet thinks it's fine to expect you on your bike to take a chance with.

They dont realise the effect draft has of a fast moving car/truck/bus has on a cyclist or think is this cyclist tired and struggling on an incline and might he swerve a bit due to that fact so maybe i should slow right down and give them plenty of room. I wont even mention the state of the roads near to the kerb that the driver wouldnt think of putting his wheel into yet thinks it's fine to expect you on your bike to take a chance with.
Busses are the worst.

So good to read many positive posts regarding cycling, its benefits and the fact it leads to a lifetime of enjoyment/friendships. Keep em coming! I say this because generally speaking after any post about cycling you read on the internet the comments section just get swamped by the usual morons, "Cyclists don't belong on the road", "They don't pay road tax" (yawn) "We need more road space for cars not cycles and cycle lanes." Bunch of absolute arsewipes.

Had a really sh*t day at work yesterday

Got home and went out on the bike, and smashed out a 45 minute ride. A circular route with a section of rocky trail, and steep downhill section where I got up to 38mph (could have gone faster but I bottled it because I only have v-brakes and there is a brick wall on the bend at the bottom), and a steady uphill section with a steep ramp at the end which I managed to grind out on the big cog (into wind last night).

Felt so much better when I got back. Legs are a bit sore this morning though.

Had a really sh*t day at work yesterday

Got home and went out on the bike, and smashed out a 45 minute ride. A circular route with a section of rocky trail, and steep downhill section where I got up to 38mph (could have gone faster but I bottled it because I only have v-brakes and there is a brick wall on the bend at the bottom), and a steady uphill section with a steep ramp at the end which I managed to grind out on the big cog (into wind last night).

Felt so much better when I got back. Legs are a bit sore this morning though.

Have you read "Velominati Keepers of the Cog? I think you have just cracked and/or broken several of the rules in a single ride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.