Cycling Advice

Went a bit off road last weekend in Co Fermanagh...around Lower Lough Erne...

Started to think about getting a gravel bike...or maybe converting an old mountain bike i have.....but think ill just stick with the mountain bike for the trails

Attachments

• 20210905_191908.jpg
    20210905_191908.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
  • 20210905_191845.jpg
    20210905_191845.jpg
  • 20210905_191805.jpg
    20210905_191805.jpg
  • 20210905_192023.jpg
    20210905_192023.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
Been reading up on them and I like the sound of them. I'm not exactly unfit but live in quite a hilly area, so any assistance up steep inclines, will be greatly welcomed :)

Been reading up on them and I like the sound of them. I'm not exactly unfit but live in quite a hilly area, so any assistance up steep inclines, will be greatly welcomed :)
I don't know too much about them tbh....I assume you can still ride like a "normal " bike.....but will be heavier.

Do you know which you want?

See 'em all the time round here. They really are idiots.

Making sure I'm visible is something I don't f*ck about with. I have: front and rear reflectors, front and rear flashing lights in daylight/lowlight conditions, fixed and flashing front/rear lights at night, spoke mounted reflectors front and back, reflective rim front/rear tyre, dayglow/reflective rucksack, dayglow/reflective mitts, reflective detailing on my shirt/shorts/socks, and my waterproof winter jacket and gloves are fully reflective.

In fact, because I run on clipless pedals the only legally required reflectors I don't have (which are mandated by the Highway Code) are pedal mounted reflectors. To compensate my shoes have reflective detailing.
Agreed, don't care if I look like Timmy Mallet in day-glo spandex, or a crap mobile Blackpool illuminations. If it means everyone can see you then that will probably save your life one day.

Still looking at all the different makes and models. Want a hybrid one though and the cheaper the better. Cos not only am I a lazy bastard, im also a tight bastard too.
I fancy an ebike for no other reason than I just wanna experience one. From what I've been reading, they are "the future of transport"

Still looking at all the different makes and models. Want a hybrid one though and the cheaper the better. Cos not only am I a lazy bastard, im also a tight bastard too.
I fancy an ebike for no other reason than I just wanna experience one. From what I've been reading, they are "the future of transport"
Maybe look at hiring one and se how you get on with it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.