Cycling Advice

The Cycle2Work scheme, is essentially a year long hire plan, with the option to buy, at the end of the 12 months. So will see how I go on

Unfortunately not the great scheme it used to be, not sure where you live but I know Leisure Lakes in Bury have a big new showroom for e bikes

Went down to the Mourne Mountains this weekend decided to try cycling from Silent Valley to Spelga Dam...its only 7 miles, but has an elevation of about 1000ft.....was "fun", but totally worth it. Riding in such beautiful surroundings really helps...

Attachments

• elev.jpg
    elev.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 7
  • sd3.jpg
    sd3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • sd5x.jpg
    sd5x.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 8
  • sd4x.jpg
    sd4x.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 9
  • sv.jpg
    sv.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Went down to the Mourne Mountains this weekend decided to try cycling from Silent Valley to Spelga Dam...its only 7 miles, but has an elevation of about 1000ft.....was "fun", but totally worth it. Riding in such beautiful surroundings really helps...
Spent a bit of time living in NI. I've walked in the Mourne Mountains, but never cycled there. Lovely place.

Was in Portugal just outside Lisbon in a place called Cascais a few years ago.
Free bikes all over the place.
They had no gears but they got you from beach to beach or around the town. Handy for spinning to the shops or train station.

Was in Portugal just outside Lisbon in a place called Cascais a few years ago.
Free bikes all over the place.
They had no gears but they got you from beach to beach or around the town. Handy for spinning to the shops or train station.
We have the Belfast Bikes here in Belfast and i see more and more people using them...you need a credit/debit card to use one and the first half hour is free...can only be a good thing!

I was also in Castlewellan at the weekend that has some great mountain bike trails....that looks feckin great fun!!

i really fancy giving that a blast....any one else into MTB etc?

Bike shed injury on the way home tonight.

I caught the point of my ankle bone on the peddle of the bike in the next slot as I stepped inbetween the bikes to take my locks off. It went with a right crack and the pain took about 3 seconds to register... Absolutely throbbing for the first couple of miles.

20mph (gusting 27mph) all the way to work this morning; absolutely relentless.

I'm going away for a month to the USA (work), and no doubt the weather will have turned when I get back and we'll be well into autumn. It's certainly going to be a shock to the system getting up to cycle to work at 0630 in the cold and rain.

I'll be winter proofing my bike on Friday before I put it away in the shed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.