Cycling Advice

I need some "noob" advice re tyres. In addition to my ribble, i have an oldish Carerra Crossfire 2 which i want to use on some trails...but i need new tyres. It came with "Kenda multi surface tyres 700 x 45c"....but i want something a bit heftier.
Not gonna lie, whenever i google advice...i get a lot of jargon and im still none the wiser as to what i can/cant put on the bike. I often read "700 is 27.5"....or "700 is actually a 29er" etc

Obviously they need to be 700 size...but what else do i need to consider? Whats the 45c bit?

45c is how wide the tyre is in mm. That is quite wide for a hybrid tyre. and should be fine for gentle off roading in dry conditions

If you want wider then tyre clearance around the frame, brakes etc. might be an issue.

45c is how wide the tyre is in mm. That is quite wide for a hybrid tyre. and should be fine for gentle off roading in dry conditions

If you want wider then tyre clearance around the frame, brakes etc. might be an issue.
Think ill be OK going wider?

Whilst the Crossfire isnt some amazing MTB...i want to try out some easier mountain bike trails...to see if i enjoy it with a view to maybe buying a decent MTB in the future

Just on our annual road bike trip to Spain. Hired bikes via Etiquette Cycling (recommended) and spending 4 days whizzing around the Murcia region of Spain. Day 1 completed. Tomorrow we cycle up the Espuña mountain. Just watched a Beatles tribute act and got pissed so maybe not the best prep! Ended with Hey Jude and obviously sung with gusto CITY in place of Hey Jude! Happy days.

First ride back this morning since my 10 day enforced isolation due to a positive COVID test. A bit heavy in the legs, but steady enough pace and not too shabby in the breathing department.

I'm double jabbed and was pretty much asymptomatic apart from feeling a bit knackered for a couple of days after my positive result. I'll see how the legs feel later...

Think i want a gravel bike.....no, i REALLY WANT a gravel bike....but cant justify splashing out a fortune on something when ive recently got my Ribble.

Considering theres very little stock out there, has anyone any thoughts or opinions on these?

Polygon Bend R2...from Go Outdoors.....£700
go_498347_a.jpg

Voodoo Limba...from Halfords....£500 (i think these may the new Carrera's)
Screenshot 2021-10-14 164208.jpg

Edit - i cant get the 3rd one i posted

Silly season is upon us again...

Every f*cking time the clocks go back people seem to lose their minds when it comes to driving. It's usually the ones who are normally a bit sh*t at the best of times that don't seem to be able to cope driving in the dark.

With all the reflective bits on my bike and kit, plus fixed and flashing lights front and back there is no way anyone shouldn't be seeing me... however, having been nearly wiped out twice already this week I really do wonder how some of these c*nts ever managed to pass a driving test.

Also, just a final point, and it's aimed at cyclists: Why the f*ck would anyone think riding a bike with No lights, NO reflectors (front, back or pedals - totally illegal to ride on the road) dressed head to toe in black including hood up is any way to be riding on the public highway at rush hour after sunset is anything other than INSANE?

Saw one yesterday who is almost certainly destined to become an organ donor (if there is anything left of them after they get wiped out).

Yeah...they ain't cheap.

I've seen a few Swytch conversions about....think you can get on for about £500....although you also need a bike too :)
I bought a Swytch conversion kit for a Brompton for my wife (half the price of an eBrompton) so we can chuck them in the back of the camper van and cycle trails together (she is a lot less fit than me). I have had a go on it and it is really fun to ride. Makes me look like a right unfit bastard when we go up hills together though and she breezes up without breaking a sweat.

Silly season is upon us again...

Every f*cking time the clocks go back people seem to lose their minds when it comes to driving. It's usually the ones who are normally a bit sh*t at the best of times that don't seem to be able to cope driving in the dark.

With all the reflective bits on my bike and kit, plus fixed and flashing lights front and back there is no way anyone shouldn't be seeing me... however, having been nearly wiped out twice already this week I really do wonder how some of these c*nts ever managed to pass a driving test.

Also, just a final point, and it's aimed at cyclists: Why the f*ck would anyone think riding a bike with No lights, NO reflectors (front, back or pedals - totally illegal to ride on the road) dressed head to toe in black including hood up is any way to be riding on the public highway at rush hour after sunset is anything other than INSANE?

Saw one yesterday who is almost certainly destined to become an organ donor (if there is anything left of them after they get wiped out).

Another big problem for cyclists is so many cars lights are so bright that you cant see in front of you. You are blinded by on coming car lights, regardless of how bright the cyclist lights are.

I always thought that it was illegal to blind on coming traffic, it seems not anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.