Cycling to the Etihad

BlueSkyBlue

Hi all,

I am sure I am not a lone eco nut in wanting to cycle to the stadium, something I've done now for a few years.

I always take a change of clothes, in a rucksack, and get changed inside the ground.

Yesterday, i was refused entry with my bag - now that the club have instigated a £5 bag drop - but there is nowhere to get changed.

The 'supervisor' was devoid of logic and adopted a 'not my problem' stance.

I guess the question is, do we have anywhere else where a cyclist can get changed and store a bag without being 'in the asda toilets' and without paying £100+ a year in forced charity fees?

The club want to be seen to be improving green credentials, yet want to charge £5 and make you queue for 40mins pregame and longer postgame to take a change of clothes if you cycle in the Manchester weather

The National Squash Centre obviously has the facilities, and is just over the bridge. I dunno if they'd let you or whether they're open on match days, but is likely your best bet.

Maybe cycle in normal clothes/shorts rather than cycling kit? No need to get changed. I’m sure every other cyclist you see at the game does this.

The National Squash Centre obviously has the facilities, and is just over the bridge. I dunno if they'd let you or whether they're open on match days, but is likely your best bet.

Cheers, will give that a try

Have also emailed the club.

They coped without changes of clothes in the days of Maine Road.
Left your bike in a backyard off Horton Road for a few pence.

Cycling 5 miles and getting wet then standing outdoors in December, change of clothes needed
Won't your second set of clothes just get wet standing in the pissing rain for 2 hours?

Then do you put the original wet ones back on for the return journey, not being funny, just interested lol

But it is disgraceful that they try to charge or do charge a fee for you to put your bag somewhere.

When did taking a bag into a ground become not allowed, do women have to check their handbags in?

Another alternative and one you have likely though of already would be the purchase of good quality waterproofs, take them off at your seat and stash them in a cheap fold up bag under your seat and put them back on for the return journey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.