Cycling

manlikepep

Hey blues

I need some advice!

I’ve decided to try and get into cycling. I’m a bit of a newbie, all bikes I’ve had in the past are just old ones I’ve received as hand me downs. Can anyone recommend how to find a decent bicycle, I am without one and have been looking at Gumtree and Facebook adverts as £400 for new is a bit of my price range. I know these bikes aren’t great and I am by no means going to be the fastest guy on the road!

im at a bit of a crossroads in life. I’m overweight, depressed, and anxious all the time. Don’t recall the last time I felt some real joy and think perhaps exercising and taking care of myself could be the answer. I need to do something as I cannot carry on as I am currently. Any advice would be fantastic!

Hey blues

I need some advice!

I’ve decided to try and get into cycling. I’m a bit of a newbie, all bikes I’ve had in the past are just old ones I’ve received as hand me downs. Can anyone recommend how to find a decent bicycle, I am without one and have been looking at Gumtree and Facebook adverts as £400 for new is a bit of my price range. I know these bikes aren’t great and I am by no means going to be the fastest guy on the road!

im at a bit of a crossroads in life. I’m overweight, depressed, and anxious all the time. Don’t recall the last time I felt some real joy and think perhaps exercising and taking care of myself could be the answer. I need to do something as I cannot carry on as I am currently. Any advice would be fantastic!
There's a whole thread on it mate. It'll be the best thing you ever did. It's the greatest invention man has ever come up with.

Hey blues

I need some advice!

Hi all. Just looking for some advice on bike servicing.

Been having some issues with front gears so put it in for a service and it camera back perfect. However, after a 20-odd mile ride yesterday, the top two gears are causing the chain to rub on the right-hand side of the front derailleur.

I've screwed the corresponding limiting screw all the way and it makes no difference.

Any tips on how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Hi all. Just looking for some advice on bike servicing.

Been having some issues with front gears so put it in for a service and it camera back perfect. However, after a 20-odd mile ride yesterday, the top two gears are causing the chain to rub on the right-hand side of the front derailleur.

I've screwed the corresponding limiting screw all the way and it makes no difference.

Any tips on how to fix this issue? Thanks.
It sounds like stiffness in your front derailleur. Drop your chain off and use your hands and rock the shifter back and forwards. Add some oil and keep rocking it gently. It should move freely.

Hey blues

I need some advice!

welcome to the best hobby you can choose. Cycling is a fantastic hobby, it keeps you fit and healthy and it’s both a social and individual interest.

Check out ribble cycles for local options and advice, if you’re a novice I think it’s great to go in and get advice until you’re more confident.

Hey blues

I need some advice!

I got rid of my car back in January and started cycling when lockdown began in March.

It’s the best thing I’ve ever done. Better than any other life decision I’ve ever made, I reckon!

I initially lost 3 stone, but have put a stone back on since gyms reopened in August (I’m doing strength training in the gym). I’m like a new man! My whole outlook on life and myself has changed, my mindset is more positive and I feel

I now look back at all those years I wasted in a car and all the money I threw down the drain on cars, and see cars as the biggest waste of time and money we have in our lives... we don’t need them!

I bought a relatively mid-price single speed bike for £500. I know a lad who spent £8,000 on a bike! But you can get some really decent ones for between £500-1,000. That seems pricey, but save up for a few months and buy something you’re going to love and want to look after and want to get on as often as possible and it’ll be worth every penny!

I hadn’t ridden a bike for 23 years before this year and couldn’t ride it, so don’t worry if you’re the same. I just tried to balance on it in my hallway and then went on short little rides around where I live. Now even with the single speed bike I go on decent 30mile rides and I ride to work (4miles) every day (sometimes I walk to work n’all, just to mix it up)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.