Cyclists

Barcon said:
My sister used to go out with an adult male that was heavily into riding a bycicle. He used to shave his legs in order to be more streamlined, is this the norm?
My mate says "it is if your proper gay", so there you have it. Hope that helps ;)

Barcon said:
My sister used to go out with an adult male that was heavily into riding a bycicle. He used to shave his legs in order to be more streamlined, is this the norm?

No, not the "norm." Though I see the same thing in the running groups and in triathlon/swimming groups that I'm a part of, so it definitely happens. I just think some guys like to shave and use their sport as an excuse.

Up until about 18 months ago, my bike rack had a higher value the the car I had it mounted to. The bicycle was probably worth 3 times the car. Now that isn't the case as I finally got a new ride.

I complain more about drivers from Kansas than any other thing ever in my lifetime. If we want to talk about road menace, it begins and ends there. The Jayhawking bastards.

Pokes28 said:
Barcon said:

No, not the "norm." Though I see the same thing in the running groups and in triathlon/swimming groups that I'm a part of, so it definitely happens. I just think some guys like to shave and use their sport as an excuse.

Up until about 18 months ago, my bike rack had a higher value the the car I had it mounted to. The bicycle was probably worth 3 times the car. Now that isn't the case as I finally got a new ride.

I complain more about drivers from Kansas than any other thing ever in my lifetime. If we want to talk about road menace, it begins and ends there. The Jayhawking bastards.

Do people in Kansas drive around the back roads in pick ups looking for cyclists, then when they find one, one of the guys sitting in the back of the truck takes a big yard brush and wacks the fucker across the face with it?

I get a lot more pleasure riding my bike than driving my car, it's actually quicker to get to work on my bike. The problem is ALL road users need to understand and look out for other road users. But, a lot don't as they're too busy in the rat race to get where they want to go and are willing to put their own life or the life of a stranger in jeopardy to get to their destination five minutes quicker. The problem isn't the majority of cyclist or the majority of motorist but the minority of knobheads in todays society which give us all a bad name, I can handle someone making a mistake but I can't handle some knobhead driving whilst not taking adequate care when doing so.

Barcon said:
BimboBob said:
Bluebee2 said:
Idiots you say ? There should be some sort of competency test and maybe some insurance. Some people give a kid a bike and say off you go son ride on the roads or wherever you want. A motorist has to get a licence, pass a test, drive a car that is road worthy and also has a test, and have insurance. Little 8 year old Tommy jumps on a bike and off he goes causing mayhem and accidents on the road , and of course it would be the motorists fault.
The increase in cyclists is fantastic I believe but there should be some regulations and road awareness, for motorists also. In Paris there has not been one fatal accident in the last 5 years, where London they pretty much happen weekly, something is wrong, and the motorist is partly to blame with a low tolerance to cyclists which needs addressing.

It's simple. Abroad there is a different attitude to cycling. In cities thousands do it. Here? They are seen a s a nuisance. Change the mentality and deaths will come down.

I bet you'r opposed to the seal hunt as well. How else are we to go aboot keeping the numbers in check?

Seals?

Fuck 'em...what have they ever done for us?

Here's a thought. We spend £11.3 BILLION on foreign aid each year. Why not divert half of that to building a massive network of cycle lanes across the UK. This would cut down accidents, make people healthier and thus save the NHS money. I for one would be cycling all the time if I felt that I could do it safely on a designated cycle path.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Here's a thought. We spend £11.3 BILLION on foreign aid each year. Why not divert half of that to building a massive network of cycle lanes across the UK. This would cut down accidents, make people healthier and thus save the NHS money. I for one would be cycling all the time if I felt that I could do it safely on a designated cycle path.

Good idea. But cycling is already a viable form of transport for most people.

I'm 54 and I cycle everywhere in Manchester and out into Cheshire too.

My dad still cycles around his local area.

Just get a bike, get fit and save money.

Johnsonontheleft said:

Fucking bang on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.