Cyprus

paphos-mcfc

If we do get to Istanbul, Just thought I'd give you some info from Cyprus. Someone pm'd me before asking what the travelling between North Cyprus and the free part of the Republic of Cyprus, so here goes.

If you were to come to the free part say Paphos or Limassol you could cross over into the North and fly from the North to Istanbul which I think takes an hour, However if you were Journeying back to the free part of Cyprus, and your passport has the Turkish stamp, and were stopped at the border by the Greek Officials, they probably won't let you back in. Turkey doesn't recognise Cyprus as a republic EU member.

What I would suggest is to stay and plan your journey from the North (Kyrenia) unless your journey was starting in Paphos and ending in Istanbul, or to stay in the capital Nicosia, and start your Journey there. The main travel company in the free part is top kinisis, they're usually pretty good here is a link to theIR accomodation finder in Cyprus. Hope this helps and if any fellow blue needs any further help. Just PM me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://online.topkinisis.com/Travel/hotelSearch?&ie=1236698012515" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://online.topkinisis.com/Travel/hot ... 6698012515</a>

You can fly directly to the North. or south. The point of this is for people who want to come and see cyprus for a bit of a holiday before they go to Istanbul. So it's not a pointless excersize.

lionheart said:
But how do you fly to the north unless you go via Turkey, which defeats the object of the exercise?

An invention called aeroplane my good man. From the UK you can fly direct to north / south Cyprus and from North Cyprus go to Istanbul. Especially as I said before, for those people who would combine their holiday and go and see the blues, thus killing two birds with one stone.

it's only a suggestion anyway. Christ, you try and help people!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.