Czech Republic v England | Euro 2020 Group Stage

I agree England are playing below potential, but I think the missing link is a creative mid for the build-up, like Kroos or Gundo. Grealish is too far upfront and Rice/Henderson/Philips lack creative quality. You'll need a new Gazza ;)
We have three potentially, and all have something a bit different, Foden, Grealish, and Mount can all play that role, obviously only one at a time.

How would you play them though, given that Sterling's favourite side is the left, same as Foden ? (I'd play Philipps on his showing so far, he looks more capable of passing forward to me.
If he allows the full backs to push on Foden on the right Sterling on the left so they would cut in but he can both swap sides as we've seen Sterling do a good job on the right for us.

Philips sitting doing the Dino role and Bellingham and Mount give us energy in midfield as both are capable of box to box.

Doubt Southgate will play that tactic though. He'll definitely setup cautious though

If he allows the full backs to push on Foden on the right Sterling on the left so they would cut in but he can both swap sides as we've seen Sterling do a good job on the right for us.

Philips sitting doing the Dino role and Bellingham and Mount give us energy in midfield as both are capable of box to box.

Doubt Southgate will play that tactic though. He'll definitely setup cautious though
Yeah won't happen, Rice will play, Kane will play, the back 4 (keeper could be any) currently pick themselves for me, have Philips in front as he is the more creative of the 2, and seems quite good at the darker arts, then the other 5 can be any, so long as there is some balance.

Sadly I think he'll pick 3 at the back, 2 wing backs, 2 DM's, so only 3 proper attacking players next week, one of which will certainly be Kane.

Correct, we could get through with another "nil", but with the players at his disposal the way we play is bordering on criminal. We have a good defence, and in Phillips a good sitter in front, who can also play the ball forward decisively, and the team has pace too, but he doesn't utilise it.
Under Southgate England play like a team winning 2-0 with 10 minutes to go from virtually the first whistle, its all safety first, with players not taking risks, very much a have what we hold policy.

We have three potentially, and all have something a bit different, Foden, Grealish, and Mount can all play that role, obviously only one at a time.
Yeah, personally I prefer Foden's power on the wing, Mount had some problems vs tight defences but is dangerous on the counter and Grealish as I said is playing higher. Just my view.

Top form Henderson could help but he isn't there right now.

I really think Southgate's dull/cautious setup is key vs better teams. Offer anything vs FRA/POR/GER and it might be over. Favourites have to come out and you can do a "Chelsea"...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.