Dad's Army - The Lost Episodes

As a big of of Dad's Army i'll definitely be watching. Think it might be quite good as there are some good actors in it. Anyone see the drama about Dad's Army with John Sessions as Author Lowe? It was excellent.

As a big of of Dad's Army i'll definitely be watching. Think it might be quite good as there are some good actors in it. Anyone see the drama about Dad's Army with John Sessions as Author Lowe? It was excellent.
John Sessions was very good in that I agree.

Thats the best thing made about Dad's Army since it finished to be fair. Last nights resurrection of the lost episodes was a better attempt than the recent movie but there is no getting away from the fact that the original was perfectly cast and for obvious reasons that cast cannot be brought back together and inevitably anyone in a remake/resurrection or movie is going to face comparison with the original cast and is going to fail to match up. Personally I have no idea why any respected actor would put their name to any of it and invite the inevitable criticism.

love dad's army and its for all the little mistakes and the acting the timing and the one liners, in a way it was raw and that made it funny and comedy gold, any remakes don't work for me because they iron out all of the above and over act and something gets lost in the dialogue and the PC cleansing of modern TV

Thats the best thing made about Dad's Army since it finished to be fair. Last nights resurrection of the lost episodes was a better attempt than the recent movie but there is no getting away from the fact that the original was perfectly cast and for obvious reasons that cast cannot be brought back together and inevitably anyone in a remake/resurrection or movie is going to face comparison with the original cast and is going to fail to match up. Personally I have no idea why any respected actor would put their name to any of it and invite the inevitable criticism.

Fair enough. I’m going to try to watch it.

Very good performances from the cast trying to keep it as true to the original as possible. Kevin Eldon Is one of the most underrated actors in this country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.