Daft Punk Decommissioned

I like them and have defended them before, when others were dismissive of them, by suggesting they ripped off so many tracks(sampling). That doesn't matter to me as they were/are still seriously talented and have a good ear for music. So I did think it was poor form for them to them kick up a fuss at Will I Am(not even a fan of his either) for possibly sampling or being inspired by 'Around the world', especially when imo that bassline is inspired by another song(Chic - Good Times). Other than that they are sound.

Samples:

A little more in depth demonstration of how they might have sampled some tracks:

Last edited:
think they got the memo too early and got bit carried away to take their mask off finally but it’s from june 21 mate .

Homework and discovery were absolutely superb. Random Access Memories was a massive disappointment. Disappeared up their own arse. Hugely talented pair though. Hope Thomas Bangalter starts cracking on with solo stuff again. He’s the one behind stardust - music sounds better with you. Classic

Unsure if your ready for this ?

Early doors they never wore their helmets:

daft-punk-unmasked-1.jpg

daft-punk-unmasked-5.jpg

An evolutionary journey through the levels of stardom with the focus being more on their music. I read somewhere that their elmets provided a narrative point for the audience within a musical genre that some might say lacked storyline, moving on to create a brand of sci-fi glam that was to be adored by the masses. A creation of a persona that served them both well until retirement. A good read from Rolling stones below.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.