Daft things Dad said about City when you was a kid

We're all Blues but didn't have much money at home. Our next door neighbour had a big aviary with a couple of parakeets which would fly around and squawk. Dad said he'd give me £10 if I could get one to say 'Manchester City are the best'. I must have spent hours in the back garden shouting this at those bloody birds - no doubt with my Mum and Dad hiding behind the curtains laughing themselves stupid at my persistence...

It never worked of course and I hate parrots now...

Its not so much what he said, but what he did - there were a few instances at Maine Road where my dad would go for a shit and miss a goal. He missed the Niclas Jensen volley v Leeds. I did however miss every goal in a 2-2 draw v Spurs where I'd gone white after a joint. I missed 4 goals.

1981 heart broken after the cup final
Don’t worry we’ll be back next season and win it!! When we loose a cup final we always go back the year after and win it !!

30 f*** in years later

My Dad was a red, he constantly said City were shit and I should come with him to the swamp. He was still saying it up to his passing when I was 32. He was persistent I suppose.
Well I never knew that..!

Good job you didn't weaken..

You're one of the bluest blues I know ..!

Just cannot picture you singing 'nick nack paddy whack'.. Ha!

My son's looking over my shoulder whilst I'm typing this and just asked me what I'm doing..

I told him I'm on the 'Daft things your dad said to you when you were a kid'

He said, dad, you always say "we never score from corners"..

Its not so much what he said, but what he did - there were a few instances at Maine Road where my dad would go for a shit and miss a goal. He missed the Niclas Jensen volley v Leeds. I did however miss every goal in a 2-2 draw v Spurs where I'd gone white after a joint. I missed 4 goals.
Anyone that is happy to go for an ecky thump at a football ground deserves everything coming to em

As a special treat my dad said I could stay up unbelievably late to watch Sportnight in 1973, because we were going to show Sunderland a thing or two in the quarter final replay

Not a something he said, but my Dad kept his grandfathers old Cavalier. Bright yellow. Was about 15 years old in the mid/late 80’s. Before that something called a Maxi. My first season ticket was 86/87. He kept these relics for the sole purpose of parking them near the ground. Still paid the mind ya car mister lads. But fuck me, what possible damage my Dad thought they could do to these cars was/is beyond me.

Your dad was brave having a shit in the bogs at maine Road CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.