Daft things Dad said about City when you was a kid

My dad passed away 23 Sept 2021
But prior to the Arab take over when we were in Div 2
Whenever we won , he would always to me
" Bloody Hell What Happened, they won?"

My old man, every single home match, without fail would point to a pile of horse shit outside the ground and say, "Put some of that in your pocket, it's good for the roses".
He would also always say to the bloke with the Jesus saves placard, "Jesus might save but Bell gets the rebound".
Love it

1981 heart broken after the cup final
Don’t worry we’ll be back next season and win it!! When we loose a cup final we always go back the year after and win it !!

30 f*** in years later
He was right eventually!

I couldn’t be any more thankful, I really couldn’t. My Dad was a different era, he’d go City one week and Unit** the next, that’s just what you did. For years I asked who the best player he saw was “ohhhh everyone will tell you George Best, but it wasn’t, no one was better than Colin I’ll tel ya” he’d say. Then one day, and I think it was villa he said “Bell was my favourite, and he always will be, but Yaya Toure…”. Thanks for everything Dad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.