Dagenham & Redbridge 6-0 Morecambe

JoeMercer'sWay

PM if interested in starting fan kit consultation
Dag & Red hammered Morecambe in the first leg of their League 2 play-off tie in London today.

Just thought it deserved a special mention as it's apparently the record score for a play-off game and they are a tiny club who only eventually made it up to the football league a couple of seasons ago after the farce that was Boston went up instead of them and they've done really well in League 2 in the past few seasons.

So yeah, well done to them for today though I guess I've probably jinxed them and they'll lose the 2nd leg 7-0.

unfortunately i have a ticket for the 2nd leg at Morcambe as i live nearby. That will not be pleasant being in the Morecambe end. Hopefully it will still be a decent atmosphere though as its the last ever game at Christe park.

Yeh but it was unfair, because Morcambe were playing two teams!

Joking aside, 6-0! They're at Wembley already.

Looks like Sammy Mac got quite a bit of stick from 'The Guest of Honour'-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2975073/Rail-union-boss-Bob-Crow-sparked-a-bust-up-at-a-football-match.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... match.html</a>

FOUL-MOUTHED union boss Bob Crow sparked a shameful touchline bust-up yesterday at a football match where he was a guest of honour.
The referee had to stop the game because of Crow's crude behaviour - and stewards threatened to throw him and his pals out.

The RMT leader - who trousers £128,000 a year running the extremist rail union that has caused passenger misery with a string of strikes - went loco during Dagenham & Redbridge's 6-0 win over Morecambe in a League Two play-off semi-final.

Mouthy ... Bob CrowMilitant fat-cat Crow, 49, was given a plum seat behind the dugouts at the East London club's ground because his union sponsored the game.

But he started taunting Morecambe's manager Sammy McIlroy during the first half - banging on the dugout roof and spewing vile abuse. Ex-Manchester United idol McIlroy said afterwards: "Some of the things said were diabolical. He never shut up all game. He was rude, ungentlemanly, disrespectful and to be frank, a total a***hole."

A senior club official admitted: "Things got a bit boisterous in the sponsors' seats.

"We sent a few stewards in there to calm things down.Some people were warned that they would be thrown out if there were more incidents."

An RMT spokesman was unavailable for comment last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.