Dame Kelly Holmes

bluethrunthru

Personally not a huge surprise to me but I am pleased for her - nobody should be ashamed of their sexuality or "what they are" being out there. As more and more sports people come out I do hope its going to be less of a news item than it should be. Thirty years just being scared that someone will write an article declaring you are what you are anyway is not what life should be about - I can only wish her well for the future

I fully agree with the sentiments of the OP about her in that regard.

What I do recall about her career trajectory, is being amazed how for years she was a commendable national standard representative athlete, competing at major championships, winning medals including a worlds silver in 1995 but never the biggest of ones, who then in 2004, at the age of 34, won Olympic golds in both the 800m and 1500m back to back, retiring almost immediately afterwards. Quite remarkable, as David Coleman almost said.

In terms of her coming out, genuinely and honestly wish her the very best.

For all the people saying 'saw that one a mile off' and the like, put some names down that you think are going to be next to come out.

Just because she's a woman with some muscles doesn't mean she was always likely to come out...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.