Dame Kelly Holmes

Personally not a huge surprise to me but I am pleased for her - nobody should be ashamed of their sexuality or "what they are" being out there. As more and more sports people come out I do hope its going to be less of a news item than it should be. Thirty years just being scared that someone will write an article declaring you are what you are anyway is not what life should be about - I can only wish her well for the future

She ran off and has lived with one of my client’s wives from Qatar about six years ago after she was employed as a personal trainer at Aspire.

It’s good she’s finally come out as he was having to pay her a large maintenance as she had no income and claimed she lived with Holmes as “friends” despite Kelly being a very wealthy individual.

She ran off and has lived with one of my client’s wives from Qatar about six years ago after she was employed as a personal trainer at Aspire.

It’s good she’s finally come out as he was having to pay her a large maintenance as she had no income and claimed she lived with Holmes as “friends” despite Kelly being a very wealthy individual.
There's always a plus side to every story.

Her championship career was blighted by injuries at inopportune times. Rarely went to a championship fully fit. That all changed for her final Olympics when she was in the shape of her life. Her strength was her greatest asset enabling her to do a rare Olympic double. A great athlete.
She was certainly strong.

No doubt if she had said anything at the time of her athletics career she would have lost sponsorship. Even though it really wasn't that long ago there was still stigma attached and some companies would probably look elsewhere. I'm happy for her that she now feels comfortable enough to come out publicly. Can only help more people struggling with their sexual identity by doing so.

Kelly “obviously gay” Holmes.

As if a) any **** couldn’t tell and b) any **** actually cares.
I guess the difference is is that it’s a big deal for the person coming out as it’s a big step in their heads.

Fortunately, the response is much more likely to be that no one cares and that they are happy for that person.

It doesn’t stop the person coming out worrying about the reaction though.

Especially if a national celebrity.

I thought she already came out a few years ago? I couldn't care less either way.

Not sure why in this day & age people have to "come out" as it's not really anyone else's business. If it helps her or other people then fair play.
I honestly thought this too.

It was like when Tom Daley "came out". He must have been the last person to realise he was gay.

No doubt if she had said anything at the time of her athletics career she would have lost sponsorship. Even though it really wasn't that long ago there was still stigma attached and some companies would probably look elsewhere. I'm happy for her that she now feels comfortable enough to come out publicly. Can only help more people struggling with their sexual identity by doing so.
One measure of progress is that, if a sponsor withdrew on such grounds today, there would be a mighty clamour against them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.