Damp patches ...

Hi mate wat u need is some oil based white undercoat paint coat over stain leave for 48 hours then repeat process leave again for 48 hrs then paint over sed area with ur water based colours twice job done lad

Sound advice.
I had similar problems in an old house, years ago and a painter pal of mine recommended painting a couple of coats of exterior emulsion over the patch, as you describe, before applying the paint of choice. It worked a treat.

If it has had cavity wall insulation installed relatively recently then we'll worth asking the installer to come back and blow more material into the effected area. If for some reason there. Is a void in the cavity this causes a cold spot which attracts moisture which leads to mould growth.
If you've got the guarantee it will detail the installer, if not CIGA will tell you. If they don't exist anymore then CIGA will instruct someone else. They might take a thermal image to check

Does anyone know of a decent company / builder re sorting out damp - as I also now have this. Never had it till this winter. Live in old house ( built 1850s ) and now have damp issues upstairs and downstairs that I need sorting - but don't know of any trust worthy builders etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.