Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kick in the teeth for Pep/Txiki if true but it's not the end of the world providing we get Walker/Mendy. Levy will be rubbing his hands together the twat.

As many have mentioned, we really should have got our full-backs sorted out before we let our current ones go... now everyone knows how desperate we are for full-backs, a few more quid will be added to any transfer fee... and to let Alves slip through our hands - if indeed he has - is terrible business from us – hopefully Pep will be fucking furious with Txiki and make sure he gets all outstanding business done a.s.a.p.

Where are all the supposedly "cool" people now who were laughing a the flappers? I assume hiding somewhere so deep that they are unable to get out.

Well then... DAIAC
seriously, if psg were offering more money, more playing time and he gets to live in paris with his wife, then i guess i understand. Still sucks though.
for all those blaming txiki... he cannot force alves to sign, can he? Alves clearly hadnt made his decision set in stone, if he had then we would have signed him. Maffeo has a real chance to impress in pre season.

That sounds like complete bullshit.
I agree. As if he wouldn't have been able to call his mate Pep because he couldn't get hold of Txiki. He could of texted either of them. "If you don't send the contract I will sign for PSG" I think that would have got their attention.

Medical passed in Paris

DEdsDjVXUAAFY1M.jpg

Surely we just go out and buy a full back from Europe then...

We're not going to pay 50, 60, £70m for Walker a full back in Europe much cheaper, Fabinho, Semedo, Henrichs to name a few.
of course, but getting Alves for free and emulating a Pep-style fullback were the key aspects. The no fee thing opened the door for us to splash cash on another RB or whatever other targets we need to pay the extra sum for. I like the idea of others on here saying to hijack Fabinho since he's a pretty damn good jack-of-all-trades in positions we need to fill in.

Surely we just go out and buy a full back from Europe then...

We're not going to pay 50, 60, £70m for Walker a full back in Europe much cheaper, Fabinho, Semedo, Henrichs to name a few.

If anything, Alves not coming makes our position with Walker stronger, as we can now go after a foreign RB like Semedo to be first choice if Spurs won't sell Walker for a reasonable fee.

If we signed Alves then we had to get a HG right back and Walker is the only one.

Aside from that though it means only 1 RB not 2, but perhaps we'll have to settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.