Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, Alves not coming makes our position with Walker stronger, as we can now go after a foreign RB like Semedo to be first choice if Spurs won't sell Walker for a reasonable fee.

If we signed Alves then we had to get a HG right back and Walker is the only one.

Aside from that though it means only 1 RB not 2, but perhaps we'll have to settle.

With this news, i'd be more than happy spending the Walker money on a full back from Europe and having Maffeo as the understudy. Same costs, slightly weaker but could be great for our future.

To ones saying relax, didn't want him, we can get other better players. The problems are as follows
1) He was FREE.
2) He Knows Pep's Style
3) He is a serial Winner
4) He could keep Walkers price down. Now Levy can ask whatever he wants. Even 70M.
5) There is no other fullback who can compliment and play at his level. All the ones available or we can buy is certainly below his, and likes of Carvajal and Fabinho and Kimmich isn't moving anywhere.

So you see missing on Alves was a big fucking mess.

1) he was Free erm he would still demand a signing on fee + wages

I think it's pretty obvious that Joana (who works in Paris) convinced him to go there. She undoubtedly wants to live with her new husband, and most certainly prefers Paris obver Manchester. It would have been nice to have him on the team, but now I hope we can get walker sorted and hopefully sign someone like Benjamin Heinrichs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.