Daniel Arzani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because CFG wouldn't sell him to Celtic & Arzari wouldn't go there. We've used the CFG group to its full capacity. Arzari will be worth much more than the nominal fee we've paid.

Look at the Arron Mooy example. My bet, we make 10-15 times our investment.

but i question does that £10 to £15 million go back to manchester city football club or to the city group in terms of income, under uefa and the FFP mcfc have to declare all its spending and income to balance the books but the city group don't

but i question does that £10 to £15 million go back to manchester city football club or to the city group in terms of income, under uefa and the FFP mcfc have to declare all its spending and income to balance the books but the city group don't

His registration belongs to City, so any fee received would go to City.
As I said, just take Aaron Mooy as an example of this.

This type of thing is the whole purpose of the CFG, unearth talents that we would otherwise lose to other countries with easier work permit laws.

The Portuguese & Dutch leagues have regularly unearthed the best South American talent. The French & Belgian leagues unearth African talent.
We are trying to escape the middle man.

Hopefully Torque will unearth the next Suarez, Torque will then sell to us, we'll loan out to a CFG club or better.
He then returns to City.
Yangel Herrera is further evidence of this plan.

this sort of thing i hate and its football farming at its best, we all could see this happening and we jumped in and stop somebody else signing him and getting first team football at a good big premier league team, if i was a manager of a Scottish premier league team i would be up in arms about celtic loaning man city players that have not even step foot in manchester and using the manchester city farm to help celtic every season
Would you rather he went to Kilmarnock? ;)

Would you rather he went to Kilmarnock? ;)

in a funny way yes and why always celtic should benefit it not like they need any help

but do celtic offer him the type of football we play NOPE, is there league the best in the world NOPE, will he learn about the english premier league in scotland NOPE, so any team in scotland are never going to give him the type of football any team in the premier league can benefit from and even the championship is miles ahead of the standers in scotland so why not use one of them instead

in a funny way yes and why always celtic should benefit it not like they need any help

but do celtic offer him the type of football we play NOPE, is there league the best in the world NOPE, will he learn about the english premier league in scotland NOPE, so any team in scotland are never going to give him the type of football any team in the premier league can benefit from and even the championship is miles ahead of the standers in scotland so why not use one of them instead
As I said in my last post, he almost certainly is not yet eligible to receive a work permit in England so that bit is moot. I'm confident that City would have much rather loaned him to the Championship if given the opportunity. There is a much better chance of return on investment doing that. As we've seen with Denayer and Roberts, the only thing loans to Celtic have done is yield more loans whereas say in the case of Mooy with the championship, it got us a quick 10x plus ROI. Not to mention Gunn and the ~£13m we just got out of his good year there.

Hopefully Torque will unearth the next Suarez, Torque will then sell to us, we'll loan out to a CFG club or better.
He then returns to City.
Yangel Herrera is further evidence of this plan.
As a follow on to this, in addition to Yangel Herrera (who we also got from a partner club in Atletico Venezuela), NYC just signed Valentin Castellanos from Torque directly and he scored a goal in his first game. There is a ton of young South American attacking talent in MLS now and I think in the coming years it's going to effectively serve the role Portugal did previously as being a big stepping stone to Europe. And the teams in Europe will probably be able to buy the players for a lot less which is a big win for them.

So how would he be able to get a work permit to play for Celtic?
I'm sure that there are looser restrictions there since they're generally not aiming for the same level of footballer. One example just from a City point of view -- Nir Bitton trialed with us but couldn't get a work permit in England so he signed for Celtic instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.